Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not much lower to go. We finished bottom half.
That rumour has been going for a few months, surely not a chance. I can understand United wanting rid of him, but why would we want him? I think he will go to a team lower down the league, maybe go to Villa when utd sign Grealish

I think that bolded bit is a massive concern for the majority of overpayed and pampered footballers in the modern era.
They have so much money that the graft of the game rarely matters. That is one of the big reasons why I feel the best teams from 10 even 20 years ago would wipe the floor with the current leading sides. They had the right balance of fitness and professionalism, combined with the work ethic of a pre financial boom period.

...you get the likes of Rooney, Beckham and Suarez who love to play. It might be something to do with background and upbringing.

...you get the likes of Rooney, Beckham and Suarez who love to play. It might be something to do with background and upbringing.

I think, as a kid you would dream of scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final for your local club. The sheer joy of that would eclipse anything.
Now kids are introduced to the game where having the right agent and aiming to eventually get a move to Real Madrid is the goal.

No more hard graft, cleaning the boots of the 1st team. I think there is a lack of appreciation for what players have from a young age and it shows sadly.
Not always their fault, they are a product of the financial monster that is this game now.

I think, as a kid you would dream of scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final for your local club. The sheer joy of that would eclipse anything.
Now kids are introduced to the game where having the right agent and aiming to eventually get a move to Real Madrid is the goal.

No more hard graft, cleaning the boots of the 1st team. I think there is a lack of appreciation for what players have from a young age and it shows sadly.
Not always their fault, they are a product of the financial monster that is this game now.
It's not just football. Hired a kid a couple of years ago and asked where he saw his career going. He said he'd like to get a years experience and have my job. Bear in mind that would have been about 4 promotions it took me 20 years to earn.

The thing was the kid wasn't being aggressively cocky or anything, he was dead earnest and equally clueless.

So today, the rumours are Allan, Gabriel and Everton. Suppose it can't be too long before we see Emerson mentioned at RB. Who are the left footed Brazilian right wingers?

Status
Not open for further replies.