2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying sell Keane over Mina baffle me. Yes Keane plays well in spells, we need to learn how to get him playing like this game in, game out. Consider this to Yerry Mina, who, apart from his debut, displays all the talent and grace of Marc Hottiger.

People saying sell Keane over Mina baffle me. Yes Keane plays well in spells, we need to learn how to get him playing like this game in, game out. Consider this to Yerry Mina, who, apart from his debut, displays all the talent and grace of Marc Hottiger.
Keane can't play Ancelotti's way, Mina is at least comfortable passing out from the back due to playing at Barca, Keane will just launch the ball 200 yards upfield.

Keane can't play Ancelotti's way, Mina is at least comfortable passing out from the back due to playing at Barca, Keane will just launch the ball 200 yards upfield.
Mina isnt comfortable doing anything, cant play Ancelotti's way or anyone else's. Least Keane did up his game, if on the unlikely event Mina stayed fit cant see him doing that, he needs to be gone, least Keane can actually stay fit.

He was played about ten games for them before they realised he was a yard dog.

Edit: even worse, it was 5.

Mina isnt comfortable doing anything, cant play Ancelotti's way or anyone else's. Least Keane did up his game, if on the unlikely event Mina stayed fit cant see him doing that, he needs to be gone, least Keane can actually stay fit.
Mina is the better player but it's pretty much useless if you're never fit, I think Keane is decent just not made for the way Ancelotti wants to play.

Mina is the better player but it's pretty much useless if you're never fit, I think Keane is decent just not made for the way Ancelotti wants to play.
See another reason why I would sell Mina over Keane is we have no chance of getting any decent more for Keane but we might for Mina, think we paid €30 million, an awful waste, long term neither really are the answer.

Keane is a great defender.

I did giggle when people said we could get 10m.

All this talk of high line is rubbish.

But hey, don't take me word for it, listen to the best manager in world football instead.
I did listen to Ancelotti,that’s why I said he’s got me worried making statements like that, Keane is a nervous wreck, makes some of the other players nervous, he’s got me a nervous wreck watching him,and poor Pickford was already a nervous wreck, Keane will have him in a straight jacket before Christmas

I did listen to Ancelotti,that’s why I said he’s got me worried making statements like that, Keane is a nervous wreck, makes some of the other players nervous, he’s got me a nervous wreck watching him,and poor Pickford was already a nervous wreck, Keane will have him in a straight jacket before Christmas
We will have no sympathy for T-rex arms around here please.

Keane has played two more prem games this season TWO

How did Keane up his game though? We were getting tonked every week, he literally won a few headers. He'll be back flapping it next season when fans are back the big flannel

How many games do you have to miss to be unable to stay fit?

Mina played 29 Premier League games this year.

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me to see Keane leave he’s vulnerable to being caught in a High line we need more pace back there
Keane has played two more prem games this season TWO

How did Keane up his game though? We were getting tonked every week, he literally won a few headers. He'll be back flapping it next season when fans are back the big flannel

Its the same story every time we play a deep defence.

It masks his deficiencies. Any average defender can look good when playing deep...all they need to do is hold a line and head out the ball /tackle players in a congested area.

Now, how many top 4 sides play a deep defence...zero.

So logically we would seek to move him on while hes performed well and with 2 years left.

I really dont see any logical argument for giving him a new contract on high wages so its the ideal time to sell.

Keane will have good value now, Mina has the greater upside and if it doesn't work out, he could do well at an international tournament and get a move. Mina injury record is way overstated, he has played about 70% of the premier league minutes possible, and his longest injury came after lockdown where a lot of players were susceptible.

If we don't get a CB the starting pair with be Holgate and Mina

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.