Club Direction Recruitment Grit and Passion over Style and aesthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidkojak

Player Valuation: £500k
Originally posted this in the Allan post but thought it would be better on its own.
Intrigued to see what everyone's thoughts are on recruitment as i genuinely think its a massive task to turn our squad around at the minute and wont be easy.

Watched a little bit of him last night for Napoli undoubtedly one of the best players on the pitch classy touches control so tight and rarely gets caught in possession seems to move away every time.
But if he is playing at a level clearly beneath him is that attitude gonna come with especially if he gets around the likes of Sigurdsson etc and many others who have looked so uninterested.
My worry is that he didn't do much and clearly looks a little uninterested and it got me thinking after watching how abject some of our play has been do we need those uber positive give all for the club run into the ground players with great attitude rather than these show pony half arsed big pay cheque hunters.
In the long run maybe less dynamic football for a bit of that old grit and effort for the badge.

Just a thought while i was watching it last night as i hope we really get out of this period as a club because we seem to have a lot of low confidence players and i think it goes back quite a while now if we all have a good think about it.
I just hope we have a similar turn around sooner rather than later like the Mancs did i mean they had a pretty dreadful run for a bit with those show pony all about themselves players but seem to have found that confidence again after some culling and tough decisions from Ole.

The one thing from Brands I was hoping is we would sign literal nobodies who were determined to make a name for themselves which made them hungry and willing to put the effort in people like Richarlison/DCL/Holgate who would work effortlessly because they weren't a fancy name, I don't think we can fill our whole squad with these type of players but we need a nice balance with hungry workers and genuine quality players, Signings like Sandro and Vlasic are good cause they're cheap they'll want to impress in the Premiership and maybe earn a move to a elite club.
Too many of the current players are just coasting probably because they can't be dropped because our squad is hollow as an kinder egg.
Probably going to take more than one window to fix current problems unless Ancelotti is absolutely ruthless behind the scenes.

The one thing from Brands I was hoping is we would sign literal nobodies who were determined to make a name for themselves which made them hungry and willing to put the effort in people like Richarlison/DCL/Holgate who would work effortlessly because they weren't a fancy name, I don't think we can fill our whole squad with these type of players but we need a nice balance with hungry workers and genuine quality players, Signings like Sandro and Vlasic are good cause they're cheap they'll want to impress in the Premiership and maybe earn a move to a elite club.
Too many of the current players are just coasting probably because they can't be dropped because our squad is hollow as an kinder egg.
Probably going to take more than one window to fix current problems unless Ancelotti is absolutely ruthless behind the scenes.

Yes agree mostly with this just seems to be a miserable cloud of no confidence over the squad and its baffling especially with the likes of Big Dunc around unless his hands are well and truly tied but we have seen he was capable of making tough decisions he felt was best for the club for instance substitutions when in charge.
Hopefully Carlo really knows who is arsed i mean we can all see weekly who was putting effort in and who wasn't so i imagine he has all the info he needs.
Lets hope they back him as he has come out with some pretty firm transfer statements hasn't he.

I just hope they don't panic & we get players out {the Deadwood} & fetch in the right players youth and experience is necessary we should look at the teams relegated there are a few players there used to the prem & could be handy -The midfield area and fullback cover is top of the list imo plus a good fast winger......

I just hope they don't panic & we get players out {the Deadwood} & fetch in the right players youth and experience is necessary we should look at the teams relegated there are a few players there used to the prem & could be handy -The midfield area and fullback cover is top of the list imo plus a good fast winger......

Yes agree some good players to be had but with obvious competition for them and hopefully the covid situation will make the transfer fees more realistic again.
Nathan Ake
Ismael Sarr
Just a couple i like the look of especially Sarr i remember wanting us to sound him out after i watched him take the piss out of us and score a hat trick in a friendly fair few years ago.

Yes agree some good players to be had but with obvious competition for them and hopefully the covid situation will make the transfer fees more realistic again.
Nathan Ake
Ismael Sarr
Just a couple i like the look of especially Sarr i remember wanting us to sound him out after i watched him take the piss out of us and score a hat trick in a friendly fair few years ago.
Norwich RB - Cantwell from Norwich plus Bournmouth's midfielder who they snatched from Man city forget his name .....

Nathan Ake
Ismael Sarr

Norwich RB - Cantwell from Norwich plus Bournmouth's midfielder who they snatched from Man city forget his name .....

None of them

None of them
Far better than we have now - depends on our budget mate - these European players take time to settle on big fees - big wages - long contracts - it depends on our budget anyway we have signed no one as yet.......
We also need to offload about 8 players that no one will be queuing up for......

If we're talking about grit and passion yes we need a lot more of it but do we want to bog ourselves down by signing a load of players from relegated clubs who have a negative and fragile mentality which will only add to the weaknesses that we've already got.

There are a few exceptions to that which I accept but we need to find a balance.

Far better than we have now - depends on our budget mate - these European players take time to settle on big fees - big wages - long contracts - it depends on our budget anyway we have signed no one as yet.......
We also need to offload about 8 players that no one will be queuing up for......

the seasons only just finished mate

Status
Not open for further replies.