Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does make me chortle when players names come up as targets for us and a number on here pile in with “not good enough “ comments.
I know we all have rose tinted glasses but my goodness some do have an elevated opinion of our position in the grand scheme of things.
We lost the race to be top of the bottom half, Tom Davis is an automatic choice for us, Siggy gets a game more often than not. I was going to say Siggy plays more games than not, but then I thought.

Maybe its about setting the tone in training getting more aggression in there? Also this guy has won lots of trophies and played at the highest level, Jags has not and never did.
So did Delph. Fantastic signing, that. Real leader who has won everything and instills a culture of showing youngsters the correct way on and off the pitch.

If we were going to spend over the odds on a player I'd break the bank for Thomas Partey before the likes of Grealish. It's what we need more.

Give him silly wages - his release clause is "only" around £45m and the lad is outstanding.
Brilliant player, but I reckon he'll have better offers.

Romero has been linked. I don't think he'd swap United's bench for ours so we'd need to make some kind of commitment which would mean Pickford being shunted. Too many ifs and maybes to be likely but I'd take him. He's solid rather than spectacular and that's good enough for me right now.
Buy him and sell Pickford.

When Zaha is on form he is an excellent player and difficult to do anything with. He has had a poor season and I think a lot of that is contrived between agent and player to make sure he does get his move this summer.

If we were in a situation where money wasn't a concern then yes I would sign him for the short term impact he would make... but , we don't have money like that to risk on a player who will have little or no resale value in maybe three years.

If, Crystal Palace happened to be interested in some of our players like Iwobi, Tosun, Walcott ,Sigurdsson or maybe Bernard then just maybe something might happen..... that is if CA has any interest in the first place, but, I think it is so unlikely that it just isn't worth considering at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.