Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely can't believe we signed iwobi. He showed zero at arsenal yet we thought with our track record that we could turn him around.

We haven't improved a player in years. We need to be signing ready made players, we can't afford to buy unproven players and miss.

Gimme zaha! As long as we push a couple out or swap. Any day of the week I’d take a creative, pacy impactful forward/winger compared to ours currently. He takes more shots in 1 game than we take in 7.

Gimme zaha! As long as we push a couple out or swap. Any day of the week I’d take a creative, pacy impactful forward/winger compared to ours currently. He takes more shots in 1 game than we take in 7.
If we can trade Walcott and 15m i would do it

Sigurdsson £45m
Pickford £30m
Keane £30m
Klaassen £25m

£200m+ on utter trash - at least three or four should be behind bars for that, it's utterly reprehensible and reckless spending.
At this point I think keane can't even be grouped among them either. Not saying he has been amazing, but he is a player that has shown he can do well. Klaasen is one I would prefer not to talk about

By all means go and get Sarr instead but I think there will be far more competition. In an ideal world maybe we could get both. Zaha on the left in a crafty swap deal and Sarr on the right for 40-50 million in cash.
I agree, but I think Bolasie is such damaged goods that Palace would never seriously consider him. I know that Man United have a sizeable sell-on clause about Zaha, so I don't know if swapping will make a difference to that? The Palace fans are also not confident that much or any of the 'Zaha money' will be used to buy replacements either. They are similar comments to what we used to make under Kenwright.

Iwobi is young and plays the same position as Zaha, and they've clearly got some interest in Tosun. I'd put Bernard and Siggy on their menu as well, although I'm not sure they could afford their wages.

I'm up for selling Keane for the right money as well, but probably not in a crafty swap deal with Palace.
The 10 goals and 10 assists the year before were outstanding, though.

I'm not in love with him, if we can get better by all means I hope we go and do so. But I think he's a good player with a good record.
Fees aside I want players with quality that are hungry to do well.

Zaha would give us real quality out wide and is a brilliant player to watch.

If £40m is the price I’d probably take it anyway.
The best business we could possibly do would be player swaps this summer and for once it actually seems realistic.

Marcel really needs to pull something out the bag.

Be ruthless and get rid of a number of the squad.

Aim at getting top 8 and a cup run next season, then build from there with our young side.
Zaha’s really kicked on ability wise in the past few seasons and they’re miles apart in style.

Pulling up stats completely misses the point of what a player can bring to the team - it’s what Walsh seemed to do and failed miserably. Look at Firmino - on paper he’s an awful striker.

What I’m looking for is balance in where we have no quality. We’re badly lacking a fast, tricky proper wide player who actually makes things happen.

See Zaha 18/19 for how I see it.
A mixed approach is needed in my view. Stats are important but I just don’t think it’s fair to compare Iwobi and Zaha as players.

For instance Vardy and Ings both scored similar goals this season but are very different footballers.

Zaha has shown that he creates, scores, wins fouls and is an absolute menace at times.

He’s one of those players that you need to have defenders on at all times.

The argument can easily be made that it was a one off, but I’d pay £40m for 18/19 Zaha all day.
Iwobi isn't good enough to sniff the skid marks in Zaha's undies, let alone share the same locker room.
I’ve said I’m not a fan of Zaha, he’s overhyped, but he’s at least a lot closer to £40m in valuation than Iwobi is to his.

Hope he proves me wrong, but very underwhelming so far.
I just went and looked at the EdgyReptile's posts from last summer about Zaha and let me tell you, I wasn't disappointed.
we don’t need to wait, the answer is clear.
id be fine with us paying 30 to 40 for Zaha no problem
Not this Zaha saga again!, Swerve him how many gash wingers do we want to stockpile.
Baffles me.
People spend hours in threads crying about how bad our transfers have been over the last christ knows how many years, then say yeah let's buy Wilf the Turd for £45 million.

WTactualF is wrong with people?
I really like McNeil and Sarr from Watford is who I would go for but Zaha is a game changer.

Hasnt had the best season at Palace as he wanted off last summer and had a couple of minor injuries so was stop start season. But he literally can terrify 3 defenders at one time - not one of our players even gets doubled up on. Also allows you to sit deep and hit on the counter

Cant see it though as Iwobi plays from the left - unless we can offload him.
I reckon there is little in the Zaha stuff it's just Palace trying to drum up interest by using us to flush out interest.He has gone backwards...
Swerve Zaha I say.
Zaha is a swerve from me now
Zaha definitely brings more to the table then Iwobi but that isn’t saying much and it’s all moot anyway. No way we are still in for him. Let the papers talk.
I have never wanted us to sign Zaha.

But if we could swap him for Tosun and Iwobi I'd be all over it.

Very little chance of shifting any of our failures for money, so swapping and upgrading even slightly is a win.

Then we just need to find some other gullable teams that will swap their best players for Bernard, Sigurdsson and Pickford and were halfway to fixing the squad.

Not the biggest fan of Zaha.

However, if we sold Bernard + included 2 of Iwobi/Tosun/Sigurdsson/Bolasie/Walcott/Delph in any swap deal then i think its a big step up.

Zaha/Gordon on the left.

We may also be able to inflate the fees on both sides to get some more room with FFP.

If i was Brands i would be offering player swaps with Palace today.

Id also be slapping down £35mil rising to £50mil for Sarr at Watford (same as Richarlison deal).

Those 2 on the wide areas and we already have a different feel to the team.

We all know centre mid, right back and centre back are key positions to strengthen but lets not forget that our main assets are up front and we need players to feed them.

Man City bought him from Germany. He wasn't a youth prospect there.

He'd been well known in Belgium at Anderlect and moved to Germany on the back of that.

thoughy they signed him from Belgium tbh ... my memory isn’t what is one eye was but I seem to remeber him being signed the same day we signed felliani for 15m

He had like 11 assists to Lukaku's 13 goals at one point in the season. Deulofeu was class on his day. I wouldn't have been surprised if Martinez booted him out too tho, he just really didn't like to do the off the ball work at all.

bobby didn’t like his teams doing the off the ball work... that was one of his massive failings ... along with fitness training

Status
Not open for further replies.