2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every now and then i see him compared to Joe Hart. If you're reading this message please, don't make the same mistake.

Joe Hart is a multiple Premier League winner and had a solid shout for top 3 PL goalkeepers from 2010-2015.

Jordan Pickford never has and never will reach Joe Hart's level.

I’d love someone to explain to me how and why this keeps getting trotted out. It’s one of his worst attributes.

It's the only attributes he has.

The save from Wilson (I think) who was clean through is basically a reactive save. He's good in those one on ones as he's agile.

Him pulling off "great" saves are usually blink of an eye shots from a few yards out that he'll get a good or hand too, that I would say a lot of keepers wouldn't save.

It's everything else that's a problem and that's a big problem. He'll do well in a team that get peppered with shots ala Sunderland when they went down. But for a team that'll don't let many behind the defence, he's gonna struggle.

The best thing that can happen to him now is to be dropped in dramatic fashion by England and I think that will happen. Pope has been incredible and Henderson will be Uniteds No1 eventually and once that happens there’s no way Southgate won’t pick him. Hopefully once he’s dropped his ego will take a battering and he’ll realise he’s not the finished article and that he needs to get his act together

I think that would be the worst thing that could happen to him, to be honest. He's already on a downward spiral; I'm not sure he'd come back from being dropped for England. From an Everton point of view, we could very easily end up with a keeper no one wants.

Think we will give him next season. If he’s good, obviously we keep him. If he’s poor then we’ll sell at a loss to a Villa or something. Nobody is paying decent money for him now though.

Donnarumma sadly is signing a new AC Milan deal because he is vulnerable to being poached - a £51m release clause

Every now and then i see him compared to Joe Hart. If you're reading this message please, don't make the same mistake.

Joe Hart is a multiple Premier League winner and had a solid shout for top 3 PL goalkeepers from 2010-2015.

Jordan Pickford never has and never will reach Joe Hart's level.

I agree. It has always been a ridiculous comparison considering how good Hart once was.

I’d love someone to explain to me how and why this keeps getting trotted out. It’s one of his worst attributes.
I really really don't like Pickford but one on one's he's usually pretty good for a great save. That's not to say he may not mess it up. It's like that 3rd goal today, when he has time to think or....just be an average keeper, THAT'S when he messes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.