Match Thread Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can think of at least 5-6 players that should never wear the shirt again, it was watching walking football with the old boys when we’re in possession.

But I’m still fuming about the Red shoite away in the cup, I will always hate certain players for their performance in that game.

Born Not Manufactured. Got no bottle to stick around then don't let the door hit you on the way out

Born to be shat on from a great height, again and again and again and again while evil prevails without effort. We all have a breaking point, we can't all be perfect "40 years home and away" fans can we?

worse thing about this shower is you expect them to be rubbish, i said to my lad yesterday if Bournemouth have a go they will beat us, let that sink in for a minute
a fan of Everton thinks and indeed expects to get beat at home by a team in the bottom 3 team that how little faith we have in these gang of cowards.

None of them but will give it to Kean just for the fact that he at least tried and got a goal.

Nope not revolution, we tried that, we failed... we need to evolve in to a winning team with a winning mentality
I understand your opinion on not a revolution as you say we have tried it before but honestly if we are honest possibly only 3 out of that squad should possibly start next season.
I don’t see a youngster like Greenwood who looks a natural for the prem Stepping up at present how long will Carlo hang around to evolve with the majority of that squad and then we are back to square one with a new manager.
We need to bring in winners with the right mentality that can do a job for 2-3 seasons to try and fast forward the evolution.

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe to MOTD: "It's incredibly painful, we always believed we were capable of a last-minute escape. We had the scores on the scoreboard here so it was teased in our face but that's the best we've played in a long, long time.

"When it went 3-1, our focus was glued to the West Ham score. We needed it to fall for us but ultimately you look at the points we've not got during the season that we should have got.

"Collectively over the piece we haven't been good enough, the table doesn't lie, it tells the story. We've dipped below the levels of previous seasons, there's no denying that.

"I have to take this on my shoulders and I've no issues with that. It's how you respond to the setback, at the moment it's too difficult to see that.

"The fans have been so good with me, I feel desperately for them. Our supporters have always been brilliant home and away and they have made the diffference for us down the years. We missed them, it took us a while to get going after lockdown and that slow start has cost us."

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "We were excellent today, the frustrating thing when you see us play like that and you wonder where it was throughout the season.
"Difficult to describe, it’s a sad painful feeling for me in my heart. It’s difficult when you feel like you’ve let people down, it’s difficult when you can’t feed off people with no supporters being here and you can’t get their support.
"Over a 38-game period we haven’t been good enough, I’m not going to sit here and complain about how other teams got their points. When you see how we played today that is a side that should have got more than 38 points.
"I need to sit down with the people at Bournemouth and see what we do next.
"My commitment to the club is not in question. I’ve loved being here since I joined the club. I’ve loved playing for the club. It isn’t time for grand statements but we need to settle down and get this decision right."
Article Reactions

I understand your opinion on not a revolution as you say we have tried it before but honestly if we are honest possibly only 3 out of that squad should possibly start next season.
I don’t see a youngster like Greenwood who looks a natural for the prem Stepping up at present how long will Carlo hang around to evolve with the majority of that squad and then we are back to square one with a new manager.
We need to bring in winners with the right mentality that can do a job for 2-3 seasons to try and fast forward the evolution.

I keep saying it... do you reckon Carlo signed a long term deal cos he was thrilled at the prospect of working with the likes of Morgan Schneiderlin? He knows the score. Hes always known the score.

Born to be shat on from a great height, again and again and again and again while evil prevails without effort. We all have a breaking point, we can't all be perfect "40 years home and away" fans can we?

It's about sticking with it regardless, through tough times and good times. Not being fairweather when it suits like most clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.