Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not arsed about pace in that role. Gareth Barry was incredible at it and moved slower than your average slug.

He's about breaking up play and getting the ball back. That's it. Every team needs one. We've miss Gana like a hole in the head this season for that reason.
I'll be happy if he is the first midfielder and at least 2 more. 1 a creative passer with a good engine and a goal threat and the other a strong athletic box to box midfielder. Don't want much do I

Not arsed about pace in that role. Gareth Barry was incredible at it and moved slower than your average slug.

He's about breaking up play and getting the ball back. That's it. Every team needs one. We've miss Gana like a hole in the head this season for that reason.

nein mein frandel. Barry was good whilst he had McCarthy and Barkley next to him, two absolute dynamos in 13/14, and he had Coleman and Baines outside of him and Stones/Jags plus Distin behind him. Basically pace and power everywhere. Even the front line of Lukaku Mirallas Deulofeu was rapid. Barry could use his experience to close the small gaps we had effectively. As the team deteriorated though and we replaced those players with slower players Barry started getting stretched, pulled out of position, ran past, and hassled off the ball.

We currently have one of the slowest teams in the league from back to front with the exception of the front two and Walcott when he plays. We can’t add another slow midfielder to the mix as we’ll struggle to get the ball back. We need legs in every position now. It wasn’t a surprise to me we played a bit better the other night as we had Richarlison and Walcott out wide and Sidibe also effectively giving us 4 quick players on the flanks rather than than the usual 1 (Digne).

I wonder if its a clever ploy by Spurs/Saints - Spurs hike up the price, Everton spend more then Saints sign Kyle Walker-Peters from Spurs who's with them currently on loan.

I wonder if its a clever ploy by Spurs/Saints - Spurs hike up the price, Everton spend more then Saints sign Kyle Walker-Peters from Spurs who's with them currently on loan.
That might have been but this afternoon has a lot of reasonably credible people saying it is on.

nein mein frandel. Barry was good whilst he had McCarthy and Barkley next to him, two absolute dynamos in 13/14, and he had Coleman and Baines outside of him and Stones/Jags plus Distin behind him. Basically pace and power everywhere. Even the front line of Lukaku Mirallas Deulofeu was rapid. Barry could use his experience to close the small gaps we had effectively. As the team deteriorated though and we replaced those players with slower players Barry started getting stretched, pulled out of position, ran past, and hassled off the ball.

We currently have one of the slowest teams in the league from back to front with the exception of the front two and Walcott when he plays. We can’t add another slow midfielder to the mix as we’ll struggle to get the ball back. We need legs in every position now. It wasn’t a surprise to me we played a bit better the other night as we had Richarlison and Walcott out wide and Sidibe also effectively giving us 4 quick players on the flanks rather than than the usual 1 (Digne).

Yes but my point is Barry played the same function as Hojbjerg does for Southampton.

Barry had better players alongside him but that just means we need to sign better players to go alongside Hojbjerg. Assuming he's actually decent and, to be honest, I haven't seen anything special about him, but I said this about Gana when we signed him from Villa, so what do I know haha

Status
Not open for further replies.