Old Everton Pictures

Fantastic pic Joey
Great player,great manager.It was a privilege to see him play never saw him have a bad game for us.We went down the pan after Ball left and imo 72,73 kept us in the division cos we where rubbish in most areas of the pitch.His achievements as a manager where amazing.
Very true what you say about the period after we sold Ball.: HK was a great captain too, and for me he played the best football of his career around that time.

Colin Harvey and Howard Kendal
1594812744072.png

Jimmy Gauld - there's a name that will...or should, go down in infamy.
Turned stoolie and virtually 'agent provocateur' for the People sunday paper and the cops in The Tony Kay case to save his own miserable skin.
How that ever stood up in court I'll never know
*spits
Have read up on this case......the old school tie brigade that ran the fa did for Kay.
they gave him the life ban. The prison sentence should have been enough.... A disgrace imo.....
But just one question.........Kay was 28(I believe) when the ban was lifted. Was there any reason why he didn't resume his playing career. Because I think most players banned did resume playing. Swann did. Playing until about 1974 (I believe)......

Have read up on this case......the old school tie brigade that ran the fa did for Kay.
they gave him the life ban. The prison sentence should have been enough.... A disgrace imo.....
But just one question.........Kay was 28(I believe) when the ban was lifted. Was there any reason why he didn't resume his playing career. Because I think most players banned did resume playing. Swann did. Playing until about 1974 (I believe)......
I thought the ban was much longer than that he was banned from playing non league too?
Tony is in his 80's and still visits the gym.......

I thought the ban was much longer than that he was banned from playing non league too?
Tony is in his 80's and still visits the gym.......
You are probably right......about the ban. I must have read or picked up things wrong. Because surely he would have resumed playing if the ban ended when he was 28.....