2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way he realised how bad we were before taking the job

Probably from the outside we probably looked to him like a team of good players with all the money spent and thought it just needs a good manager.

Actually I can't see many people at the club being under much of an illusion of how poor and limited we are.

We have the manager, the thing is what level of resources will he have available and what are we going to do to arrest a catastrophic record with transfers.

Nobody can guarantee the future, but in the context of being given time and reasonable financial backing, I would be confident that we could improve quite considerably under Ancelotti. It wouldn't actually be that difficult.

The longer he stays, all other things equal, the better, as whoever follows him and whenever that is, we are not getting another manager with half of his CV anytime soon.

Every dud signing sets us back considerably. We have to put a stop to that.

It's not rocket science. We will improve only when we have a squad with players that has mix of the attributes a team needs - character, pace, strength, athleticism, height, technical ability, scoring etc. Most of our lot look entirely one dimensional, like football was actually alien to them.

Carlo has earned huge sums of money from not doing well. He was a disaster at Bayern and managed to get Napoli down to 8th place before he was sacked. We were doing much better under Big Dunc.

He won the league and German super cup in his first season. It was rumoured at the time (after the PSG game they lost 3-0) he was sacked because he had lost most of the dressing room and a number of players wanted him sacked ( Bayern's president Uli Hoeneb later confirmed this) also his tactical decisions were being questioned. So, player power got him the boot.

I think this collective lack of effort from the players is brilliant as it leaves the board under no illusions whatsoever about the size of the task at hand.

I can't see Carlo agreeing to join us without guarantees of major funds to create his own squad, so that coupled with the recent even worse than usual performances by most of the players makes me quite confident we'll start the season with a much improved squad.

The issue for me is just getting rid of players because that will be almost impossible for many of them.

Ac
This is the exaggeration of the day.
It may be an exaggeration.
However, Evertonians seem to be easily influenced by certain media skills and likeability factors in a manager. And some players. Let’s get it right, Carlo Ancelotti has a fantastic resume. But none of that is at Everton. It’s a while ago that he was successful. Right now we are serving up some of the worst football but when allardyce did that, and had more success, he was hounded out because of his abysmal and disrespectful comments in the press. And the football he played was used as an excuse. Btw, his squad was just as bad as this mob. I am struggling to see how how Ancelotti is judged any differently apart from being far more personable and likeable. The time frame is irrelevant. Allardyce was here for what, 9 months? Silva was thrown away for being nowhere near the standard required for overseeing performances no worse than several we have seen under Ancelotti. It’s like an inner grain that people are judged before they produce anything.
Which brings me to my point that CA has a lot more leg room than anyone. Most fans put brands on a huge pedestal before he arrived and couldn’t see no wrong until now, for what reason, I’m still none the wiser. CA meanwhile has an outstanding resume and an outstanding reputation. He has no history of rebuilding a club though.
And I stress that I want to give Carlo a load of time and money to make this happen. We have no option right? But I am not 100% convinced that we just give him the tools and he produces.
Right now, all his job entails is to motivate the players, galvanise them and get the best out of them. No matter their ability.
He is failing in this right now and it should be commented on. Duncan Ferguson had these guys producing more tackles in two games than the rest of the season. We are quick to praise CA when we win, Leicester, Norwich. We shouldn’t be scared to be at least slightly concerned when we produce some of the worst performances from Everton I’ve ever seen.

Duncan had the love for the club that he inspired into the team for a few games. It was a good period, but it was short. I wonder how they would have reacted after a defeat or two.

Fat Sam... Enough said

Carlo, in my opinion, he has this. Look at his eyes as he watched the Wolves game late on. He was looking at players in anger and I am sure they are soon to be sold, given away, or sweeping up after games at Goodison. He may not have won anything in a while, but he has the best experience and skill of anyone we could get.

This club has cried out for a manager who will come in and rip apart the rot that has set in over the past decade, starting with the players. I think we have that very man now. Let's back him and see what he can do.

Ac

However, Evertonians seem to be easily influenced by certain media skills and likeability factors in a manager. And some players. Let’s get it right, Carlo Ancelotti has a fantastic resume. But none of that is at Everton. It’s a while ago that he was successful. Right now we are serving up some of the worst football but when allardyce did that, and had more success, he was hounded out because of his abysmal and disrespectful comments in the press. And the football he played was used as an excuse. Btw, his squad was just as bad as this mob. I am struggling to see how how Ancelotti is judged any differently apart from being far more personable and likeable. The time frame is irrelevant. Allardyce was here for what, 9 months? Silva was thrown away for being nowhere near the standard required for overseeing performances no worse than several we have seen under Ancelotti. It’s like an inner grain that people are judged before they produce anything.
Which brings me to my point that CA has a lot more leg room than anyone. Most fans put brands on a huge pedestal before he arrived and couldn’t see no wrong until now, for what reason, I’m still none the wiser. CA meanwhile has an outstanding resume and an outstanding reputation. He has no history of rebuilding a club though.
And I stress that I want to give Carlo a load of time and money to make this happen. We have no option right? But I am not 100% convinced that we just give him the tools and he produces.
Right now, all his job entails is to motivate the players, galvanise them and get the best out of them. No matter their ability.
He is failing in this right now and it should be commented on. Duncan Ferguson had these guys producing more tackles in two games than the rest of the season. We are quick to praise CA when we win, Leicester, Norwich. We shouldn’t be scared to be at least slightly concerned when we produce some of the worst performances from Everton I’ve ever seen.
Can't disagree with much of this, but we are pretty much stuck with it. Watching the Wolves game I couldn't help thinking that previous managers would have been slaughtered for the changes he made, even when you accept how limited the options are. Ancelotti has exactly the same problem of being lumbered with a squad of duds, so we can only hope our future recruitment is dramatically more successful.

Ac

I agree with most of that but the time he has been here and the rubbish we have have needed to be tested by him .He likes to like the players and I think that might have back fired because these guys are masters of uselessness rest assured he has their value now and I am sure this is the longest month of his life just waiting to start the rebuild.I think it would be fair to have a go this time next year but not before .
I think most on here would have sacked Klipperty if we would have had him here !

I cant lie.

It does give me some sympathy for Silva, in the sense that so many of this squad have downed tools and have no character. Couldn't have been easy to lose Gueye and have no midfield, lose Zouma and have an injury prone Mina, yet be expected to improve.

Not saying he didnt deserve to go but I do feel for him and how much he aged! CA comes in, who has proven himself to know what he is doing, and the players are not responding at all which suggests as Coleman has said, players are hiding behind the manager rather than being slaughtered themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.