2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva was a crap manager. Koeman was a crap manager. Martinez had decent ideas but he was very inflexible in those so he got sacked for being a crap manager.

This is Carlo fn Ancelotti here. All 3 of those managers combined will never come close to his managerial achievements. There aren't many in the history of the game that have.

The next 6 months will show the template. Or not.

who's giving don carlo grief

have you seen the dung that's on that pitch - we have goalkeeper who dives for nothing when the balls nowhere near him

zero energy centre midfield who are scared to lash tackles in

he deserves all the time he wants because we will not get better then him for a very very long time

you are strangely critical of Ancelotti
would not using the subs allowed to him give him more credit? he's only used more than 3 in 3 matches since the restart and even said he doesn't want 5 subs rule to continue so I dont understand your point at all.
The point is that when you have the opportunity for more substitutes than 3, you also have greater tactical flexibility. You also do not have to think about potential injuries, etc., as you have several substitutes left. This opportunity is quite unique in this period. I do not understand that this can be perceived as being critical.

But yes, he has changed tactics, or at least formation during some matches, and it is good that he is flexible when he sees that the original tactics or formation did not work. At the same time, this can be turned upside down, and say that his plan A was not well enough thought out.

Are we still excusing him from blame for these dreadful, dreadful performances? I'm finding it increasingly difficult.

I'm finding it difficult but as I just put in the match thread.

If he's still playing these players next season, then he takes responsibility.

I know we have several bad players, but on top of that they look sleepy and clueless about what to do in possession. Awful movement, hopeful lofted passes...

Ive criticised his 442 set up against the likes of Spurs/Chelsea/Utd/Arsenal but he got it right today.

Richarlison
Digne (yes he just cocked up)
Holgate

Those are the only players good enough going forward - he needs to be backed to the hilt this summer.

Setup is fine for me. We look poor but we looked so much worse against Spurs and Saints playing 4-4-2.

We could play this system for hours and not score.

I don't blame him as such as he has to work with what he's got, but I don't understand the obsession with Sigurdsson and Davies in the middle. No matter what we play those two are pure death to any chance of winning a game.

We could play this system for hours and not score.

I don't blame him as such as he has to work with what he's got, but I don't understand the obsession with Sigurdsson and Davies in the middle. No matter what we play those two are pure death to any chance of winning a game.
Who would you play in the middle instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.