2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta give the fella time, and more than a
few transfer windows - look at the absolute shabite he's working with in that squad, especially in midfield.

The style of play, and more progressive football will hopefully come when he's got the players he wants, in the system he wants us to play.

Brands needs to pull his finger out.

Hahaha no he cant, you are in for a very disappointing summer mate, honestly if you were a half decent player watching that with the choice between us and say Spurs or Arsenal, where would you go?

yes he can, his name alone will attract them if we don’t as a club but we will as he will sell it to them

He needs a summer to see what he can do next year. Currently though, I don’t see much evidence of what we are trying to do as an attacking unit. Granted the players are a joke, but Brighton and Southampton play far better football than us.

they’ve got better players than us. we’re trying to buy a bloke who didn’t start for Southampton tonight because he’s miles better than any of our midfielders. It can’t be underestimated how poor most of our squad is. If you lined them up, top 6 teams would take Richarlison and Digne maybe Holgate. Top ten teams might take Pickford maybe Mina, at a push Calvert Lewin. After that I don’t think any team in the league would take a single other player (Gordon and Gbamin not included in this assessment). That’s how poor the squad is. Half the championship wouldn’t want Davies Siggurdson Coleman.

The players are just very very poor. It’s that simple. Average premier league midfielders will dominate us. We’re arguably playing how we should be, we can defend ok and our front two are a handful. Can we expect anything else when we’ve arguably got the worst crop of midfielders in the league! Norwich and Sheffield United passed us off the park at Goodison.

Leicester absolutely bossed us, Liverpool we never got out of our penalty area, Spurs...awful, absolutely got bossed tonight by Saints, esp in the first half, Norwich? marginally worse than us however even they beat us at Goodison.

so if we hadn’t have sacked silva or kept dunc would be be better?

The year is 2024.

Pickfords last minute long ball is miss-controlled by Davies who falls over in the process. Luckily the ball finds its way to Coleman on the edge of the box. Rather than a first time cross Coleman cuts back and lofts it towards the keepers area. The keeper catches the ball and launches a successful counterattack, everton too slow to get back concede a 90th minute winner.

To me it’s Coleman’s perfect position now as he can’t play RB how you need him to in 4-4-2

Maybe you're right. He has done OK there but I think he can bullied a lot as a right centre back.

I'd ideally like to see a more fluid 433. But its hard to see where we find the midfield players from.

The 442 had worked well but it needs every firing and doing their role. Too many players are nowhere near at the races currently. Maybe they just aren't fit or agile enough to play 442.

Status
Not open for further replies.