Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive overhaul is needed. Whether that can happen is a different story. I'd go 4-3-3 for the rest of the season with Gordon, DCL and Richarlison up top. The midfield 3 could be made up of anyone - A LOT of players playing for their futures in that space. If we can get Thiago Silva in defence just for his experience alone, I would and we definitely need a new keeper. Pickford is just not for me. Have always hated how he pushes the ball back into danger when he makes saves but his poor judgement and arrogance is really doing my head in now!

Massive overhaul is needed. Whether that can happen is a different story. I'd go 4-3-3 for the rest of the season with Gordon, DCL and Richarlison up top. The midfield 3 could be made up of anyone - A LOT of players playing for their futures in that space. If we can get Thiago Silva in defence just for his experience alone, I would and we definitely need a new keeper. Pickford is just not for me. Have always hated how he pushes the ball back into danger when he makes saves but his poor judgement and arrogance is really doing my head in now!
I don't know how you can watch us be utterly woeful like that and think the correct thing to do is sign a 35 year old player who will be retired before we have a decent squad in place. Swerve it.

I would never in a million years sign a player without pace
Everton seem to have 70 % of their players with the speed or a tortoise.
Can’t believe how one dimensional we are
Lack lustre and can’t pass water
Never known a side to constantly give the ball away time after time
Surely we can give 2 younger players a go. Iwobi, Siggy, Davis god help us
Why is the manager picking these wasters?

The first line is a great point. Look at the best teams in the world. How many truly slow players are in those teams? The RS don't have any basically (Lovren is leftover, Klopp would never have signed him), City have a couple in midfield like Silva and Fernandinho but the whole front line and backline can run, Chelsea basically only have Jorginho and going into Europe teams like Bayern and Real Madrid only really have slow players in midfield and those players are world class on the ball.

I would say it because its what he has arrived into the club with. Brands lack of wanting to spend money in January doesnt help matters but this summers recruitment is going to be telling as to who has the biggest control in the dealings. Cant see ancelotti sticking round if he isn't seriously backed

The first line is a great point. Look at the best teams in the world. How many truly slow players are in those teams? The RS don't have any basically (Lovren is leftover, Klopp would never have signed him), City have a couple in midfield like Silva and Fernandinho but the whole front line and backline can run, Chelsea basically only have Jorginho and going into Europe teams like Bayern and Real Madrid only really have slow players in midfield and those players are world class on the ball.

Fernandinho isnt slow but I get what you mean, however he has other world class attributes and his awareness and positional sense makes up for his lack of speed. Silva's skill makes up for his. As you say any other slower player at big clubs tends to be world class on the ball or do another job.

Players need to be stupidly fit and fast nowdays, unless they have amazing brains or technical ability. We have none of these qualities.

Fernandinho isnt slow but I get what you mean, however he has other world class attributes and his awareness and positional sense makes up for his lack of speed. Silva's skill makes up for his. As you say any other slower player at big clubs tends to be world class on the ball or do another job.

Players need to be stupidly fit and fast nowdays, unless they amazing brains or technical ability. We have none of these qualities.
Well Fernandinho is slow now. He hasn't always been.

Status
Not open for further replies.