Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a team we are staggeringly stupid.

Spurs make a point of lying a player ON THE FLOOR to stop a a free kick beneath the wall, the free kick takes aeons to take and what do we do? Hit it straight at the player on the floor.

Last minute, take ages getting the ball to Pickford, hoof it up into the mixer? Nah long ball to Bernard on the wing.

Stupid fouls and poor decision making everywhere.

We need some players with intelligence.

inwas made up for him when he scored v Newcastle. But he’s been absolutely garbage.Attitude off the field stinks. Doesn’t look much on it and I can’t quite see the talent we supposed to be patient with?

see if a striker starved club like relegated Villa wants him for a year or 2 maybe he gets some confidence and becomes one for the distant future. i wouldn't give up on strikers so soon, they bang in a few even in the championship and suddenly they are worth 40M

Another typical Everton away performance at a "top 6" side with Everton needing the win.

When Sky lashed that stat up about us not winning a single game that we have been losing at half time in 5 years we should have all switched off. Absolutely pathetic and it's ingrained into the culture of our club.

Squads have changed, players come and go but it's the same old pathetic half arsed performance they roll out when it looks like we can go and challenge for things.

They clearly can't be arsed with the europa league and they know they won't go down.

It's embarrassing.

I said before the game we wouldn't win.

We had something to achieve by winning, so it was always a defeat.
Doesn't bother me the fact we lost its the manner of the defeat. At least when we were beaten away at Arsenal they had a real go, tonight was just pathetic

What was the stay before

42 games where we are losing 1-0 at half time

5 draws
37 defeats

Disgusting mate. Backs against the wall there's just nothing about them. We could have played Spurs until 3am and we weren't gonna create a clear cut chance.

Its just embarrassing watching them so lacklustre, lacking ideas, not even looking like footballers.

I'm not even sure why I'm arsed anymore, I shouldn't be after the past few months and what everyone's gone through mate. Makes me a fkin knobhead for caring as always about the club because I can't be arsed watching players simply not fit to wear an Everton shirt and it's gone on far too long.
that's over a 5 year period, the whole club is enshrined in a losing mentality

Out of the starting eleven today you could make an argument that Pickford,Keane, gomes,Sigurdsson, Davies and Iwobi, are just not good enough..and that Coleman has seen better days.

Positive - I thought Gordon looked good, even when played in the centre - has to start every game now.

Desperately need to overhaul our entire middle third and somehow add a bit of depth/quality to the squad as well - the subs coming on don’t inspire either.

Bring Gordon and Kean into the side for the remaining fixtures, push richarlison wide left and make some signings in the summer...

The second half they played with a bit of urgency, I do think they put the effort in and kept going til the end whereas previous years we would have went down 2 or 3. That's my positive spin, in terms of quality, no, but we knew that anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.