Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@OneTrueLegend if we signed Emerson and Gabriel then we'd have a top 4 starting defence.

Thats how good they are. Both will become mainstays for Brazil and with Holgate and Digne there we look the strongest for decades.

Id expect that in a couple of seasons we would be fending off the super clubs for those two.

It would be great if we got most of our business done early, get the players to bed in with the rest of the squad and playing together as a unit, as exciting as it is for fans, signing 2 or 3 on deadline day, it can't be the best preparation.

the leicester game showed that we need a DM. Schneiderlin was the only one we had he contributed worse than nothing, but we definitely need that option imo. But we also need someone like allan, so i'd be happy if we got two CMs of that type. But it would we mean need to offload about 3 centre mids, besic, delph and siggurdsson probably, but is that going to happen? We'd need an Allan a lot more than we'd need a Hojberg if we can only get one though.

It would be great if we got most of our business done early, get the players to bed in with the rest of the squad and playing together as a unit, as exciting as it is for fans, signing 2 or 3 on deadline day, it can't be the best preparation.

Definitely. I mean for Gabriel and Emerson were talking about 2 players who are in key positions we need and the right age and potential.

Id hope we can seal these two off asap so they can be around the city and team to adjust then get straight into team building.

I’m not sure this Southampton lads as bad as your making out.

Mourinho wants him and Ancelotti actually named him yesterday so he’s clearly interested.

I can’t quite have it that he’s a useless clogger when those 2 both don’t seem to think so.

Pep played him at Bayern too. I've not been overwhelmed by him when I've seen him played, but he's Southamptons captain and widely considered one of their best players. They are at a similar level to us. If he can come at a knockdown fee, probably smart business.

I’m not sure this Southampton lads as bad as your making out.

Mourinho wants him and Ancelotti actually named him yesterday so he’s clearly interested.

I can’t quite have it that he’s a useless clogger when those 2 both don’t seem to think so.
Mourinho sold KdB/Salah/Lukaku :oops:

the leicester game showed that we need a DM. Schneiderlin was the only one we had he contributed worse than nothing, but we definitely need that option imo. But we also need someone like allan, so i'd be happy if we got two CMs of that type. But it would we mean need to offload about 3 centre mids, besic, delph and siggurdsson probably, but is that going to happen? We'd need an Allan a lot more than we'd need a Hojberg if we can only get one though.
I think Delph wil be a better option than Schneiderlin was.

Barcelona can reacquire him for £6m next July apparently According to Wikipedia

They and Betis bought him together 50/50 with the deal that he went on loan to betis first and barca would have a clause to buy betis' share for €6mil.

My guess is that we could get him for €15-17.5mil

@OneTrueLegend if we signed Emerson and Gabriel then we'd have a top 4 starting defence.

Thats how good they are. Both will become mainstays for Brazil and with Holgate and Digne there we look the strongest for decades.

Id expect that in a couple of seasons we would be fending off the super clubs for those two.

Ok

Looks like the deal for Allan could be getting closer, back when we were first linked with him Napoli wanted €60m, now it is rumoured they want €35m, he is out of the team now, so I guess that has an impact. If we can get him for a bit less than that, say €30m then I think it's OK.
Previously when we were linked with Hjojberg Southampton wanted £35m, I can't see us paying that for a player with 1 year to go. So we would probably sign one or the other, unless we could sell someone. Alternatively we could wait till the deadline for Hjojberg and put in a low offer

I think Delph wil be a better option than Schneiderlin was.

yeah, but he's not your natural anchor DM. It seemed like a good deal, but does the same as what gbamin and davies do, so it was a weird signing for me. If someone like Leeds offered £5m for him this summer i'd be happy if we took it really. We're overloaded in that position and yet everyone knows it's also the position that needs most strengthening ha

Looks like the deal for Allan could be getting closer, back when we were first linked with him Napoli wanted €60m, now it is rumoured they want €35m, he is out of the team now, so I guess that has an impact. If we can get him for a bit less than that, say €30m then I think it's OK.
Previously when we were linked with Hjojberg Southampton wanted £35m, I can't see us paying that for a player with 1 year to go. So we would probably sign one or the other, unless we could sell someone. Alternatively we could wait till the deadline for Hjojberg and put in a low offer

especially if he's not a priority, you'd imagine someone else would have snapped him up then, but still, i'm sure the only reason we'd be after him is because we believe we can get him for a bargain price. If allan is out of favour we should be low balling them too, we find it really hard to get rid of players out of favour, annoys me how we make it easy for other clubs in that situation.

especially if he's not a priority, you'd imagine someone else would have snapped him up then, but still, i'm sure the only reason we'd be after him is because we believe we can get him for a bargain price. If allan is out of favour we should be low balling them too, we find it really hard to get rid of players out of favour, annoys me how we make it easy for other clubs in that situation.

Could be right, I don't think anyone else has been linked with Allan, Spurs have been linked with hojbjerg, put levy won't pay top wack for a player in the last year of his contract

@OneTrueLegend sorry €9mil not €6mil for barca to buy betis' share

Status
Not open for further replies.