Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs look poor tonight but there’ll be an inevitable reaction on Monday. Under these circumstances though these away games whilst still tricky are going to be winnable.

I think from our last 6 games if we want to finish in a Europa place (including 8th) we’ll need 4 wins 1 draw

Spurs look poor tonight but there’ll be an inevitable reaction on Monday. Under these circumstances though these away games whilst still tricky are going to be winnable.

I think from our last 6 games if we want to finish in a Europa place (including 8th) we’ll need 4 wins 1 draw
Only wolves to play from the top 6

As you say, the back 3 (but please Keane in the middle) and going their to frustrate may be the way to go. Gordon off the bench for the last 25.

Carlo got plaudits for getting it so right against Leicester but I feel he has too much faith in the team against the better sides when for me 442 against the likes of Spurs & Chelsea away from home is asking for trouble.

Maybe when we bring in some good players and a competent midfield in the summer can we go more toe to toe next season but for me Wolves and Sheff Utd have been successful against the top sides because they sit deep in a back 3 and hit them on the counter.

....psychologically we have to understand we can actually win these games. The table doesn’t lie at this stage of the season and there’s a rizzla paper between us and Spurs.
Ancelotti is bringing a winning temperament. We are winning games when not playing well throughout the game which is makes a massive difference. I think we can beat spurs an as they are quick going forward low defensive line will work a treat

....psychologically we have to understand we can actually win these games. The table doesn’t lie at this stage of the season and there’s a rizzla paper between us and Spurs.

These are the games we need to go and start winning, and I'll really know the corner has been turned when we start doing so. Arsenal away was very similar, they are very average and we played well that day but threw the game away a bit.

I appreciate people are saying "there will be a reaction" from Spurs, I tend to see it the other way really. Lots of Spurs fans are slaughtering Mourinho now. I am not sure he has the same currency he had 5 years ago, and Spurs have been poor for about 18 months now. I'm not sure that group of Spurs players are really capable of going back to the well and having a big reaction. There certainly wasn't after the Bayern game earlier this season. Whats more likely to me anyway, is the rot further sets in for them.

We haven't been brilliant, but post Silva have been better than Spurs and should go there with confidence.

I don’t get the feeling the Spurs camp are all too keen on Mourinho if I’m honest and they are notorious tool downers

Status
Not open for further replies.