Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Man City win the appeal and FFP rules end up changing as a result, it might mean we can spend more than we can at the moment.

just thinking out loud really.

Isnt the appeal just to see if their ban is upheld this season? Dont think its the actual case mate.

Didn't Watford just sign a player from Brazil with 0 caps and a relatively low fee? How did that happen?

There's more factors to permits than just international caps. Comes under working law too. So when you appeal you have to give reasons for why said worker is valuable to your business.

Most clubs get through it easily by paying inflated prices. Others have to justify why.

Why would it matter mate?

Ancelotti has said qualifying for Europa League will have no difference to his budget.
Then it would matter even more that he should wait.
Without Europe we can spend larger amounts to replace bodies who are leaving and improve the team
With Europe we'd have to increase the Squad size, buying more less good players and increasing the wage budget, spending even more. There would be less of an improvement on the pitch, but we should be better able to cope with the increase in games.

How did Newcastle get Joelinton? Do you have to spend X amount to obtain a work permit? Also would Brexit effect this?

The fee. Was £40million to justify him being a key asset to the club.

The Brexit thing is a little in the air because the government can allow exemptions depending on the business (NHS being a key one). If not, will still come under the same permit rulings

Getting rid of Martina, Garbutt, Scherderlin, Niasse and Steklenberg has saved the club over 250k a week in wages. If you consider our sponsership with Cazoo nets us about 200k a week, it shows you what drain of resources we have on players who offer nothing.

If City win their appeal, that means that clubs can earn money from sources other than those listed under FFP.
which effectively means FFP is dead in the water.

Aye but I think the appeal itself is down the line I think City are just appealing their ban from being started this upcoming year

Aye but I think the appeal itself is down the line I think City are just appealing their ban from being started this upcoming year

The appeal is for their ban but the ban is due to FFP, so if Man City win the appeal against the ban then FFP will need to be changed/tweaked to coincide with this.

The appeal is for their ban but the ban is due to FFP, so if Man City win the appeal against the ban then FFP will need to be changed/tweaked to coincide with this.
That is not necessarily true.
If you equate this to criminal law you can appeal the conviction ( overturning the guilty verdict )and / or the sentence.
The CAS appeal.has not been widely reported and I don't know if City are appealing the finding that they were in breach of the rules or the punishment or both.
I did hear one commentator say that he expected that the ban might be reduced to 1 year ( from 2 currently).

According to the Express, the transfer window only opens after the last game of this season. So that is presumably 27th July.

Well obviously the registration window isn’t going to open with 6 games left of this season. Transfers are literally getting done on a weekly basis, Chelsea have signed two players already.

That is not necessarily true.
If you equate this to criminal law you can appeal the conviction ( overturning the guilty verdict )and / or the sentence.
The CAS appeal.has not been widely reported and I don't know if City are appealing the finding that they were in breach of the rules or the punishment or both.
I did hear one commentator say that he expected that the ban might be reduced to 1 year ( from 2 currently).
I have heard about the reduction in sentence as well, but, that would seem strange. You would expect a guilty or innocent verdict whereby the ban is upheld or completely dismissed.
However, even if the ban is upheld, it would not surprise if UEFA then reduced it to one year.
It will be further complicated if City were to win it this year and then not be allowed to defend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.