Luke Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
....he also impressed for England U21s, was at the top of his game and his profile was at its highest. There was certainly demand for him and his contract was up. I was amazed he didn’t take up the option of moving on a lucrative Bosman.

He was behind Baines in the pecking order was never going to overtake him yet he decided to sign a new deal. in hindsight, that might have been a reflection of his ambition. A lengthy contract with no chance of playing, he went on a loan cycle and bombed.

His form might have picked up this season, it often happens with some players as they approach the end of their deal. I don’t know the lad but perhaps playing football isn’t important to him.

Think he's had some off the field problems. I'm just guessing but I don't think his mental health was able to cope with that level and to take over Baines.

He's alluded to it on twitter/interviews. But then again, he didn't want to take a pay cut to go elsewhere, didn't exactly shine at lower league clubs on loan, was happy to sit on his wage.

giphy.gif

30k a week apparently
Mental, should have just let him go when it looked like Galloway might be a decent option at LB.
Forgot about Galloway being at the club at the time. Are you serious? For a lad whose barely played a game. Thought it would be around the 10k mark. Another highly questionable decision from Martinez.

Harshly treated in his time here, given a longer run of games could have really made the LB position his own. Poor decision not extending his contract.

Harshly treated? He's had plenty of time to make his mark on the game, even while he's been on loan we havnt exactly had clubs lining up for his signature, plus the lads a millionaire at 27, I wish Everton treated me that harsh instead of me paying for the privilege of being let down after let down

Harshly treated? He's had plenty of time to make his mark on the game, even while he's been on loan we havnt exactly had clubs lining up for his signature, plus the lads a millionaire at 27, I wish Everton treated me that harsh instead of me paying for the privilege of being let down after let down
Clubs haven't been lining up because understandably Everton have made it clear he wasn't for sale. At any price.

Status
Not open for further replies.