2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe anyone was expecting a Football manager style wonderkid to come in and start banging in goals for fun, we got lucky with Rom now everyone is expecting that. You don't get a proven finished article for £27m anymore, you get a project and that's unfortunately how football is, not many boss slotters about.
As said above, what's he gonna do in 5 minutes here and there? Just gotta hope he stays humble and waits for his chance whilst working on his game with one of the world's great coaches and Carlo working on him and we end up with a top striker.

...he has to prove he’s worth more game time. I see little or no sign. It really is up to him. Gordon is now getting more game time than him.

...he has to prove he’s worth more game time. I see little or no sign. It really is up to him. Gordon is now getting more game time than him.

Is Gordon there on merit, or because our wingers haven’t delivered?

DCL and Ricky are our top scorers, it would take something brilliant to remove them from the CF positions and it would be very difficult for Kean to do that off the bench. He definitely needs more game time, but without Cup competitions I don’t see him getting it till next season; which is why we shouldn’t be so quick to write him off just yet.

Strikes me as the kind of lad who if we got beat 10 - 1, and he scored our 1 goal, he'd go back the dressing room dancing and singing his own name.

I think he needs to show something in the rest of the games or we need to move him on or use him in a swap deal. I just don't see enough from him yet to see him adapting next season either. And his attitude is a little questionable. I sympathise with him being a young kid in a new league but with all the minutes he has had he should have shown more by now. Carlo hasn't started him much since he took over either and he knows a good player when he sees one.

....notice Gordon is now getting more game time than Kean. Gordon said after the win at Norwich that he feels Ancelotti ‘has got confidence in him’ to do a job for the team. Interesting use of words because I think it accurately suggests Ancelotti hasn’t got confidence in Kean.

When protecting a lead, Kean does look a calamity waiting to happen when he comes on. I can understand why Ancelotti might be reluctant to use him unless we’re chasing a goal.

I can see Kean starting soon. He needs to play in order for the team to understand and connect with his play as well as theirs.

We have Leicester, Spurs, Southampton, Wolves, Villa, Sheff United and Bournemouth so he'll start and get 3 goals easy.

The boy is a talent.

If somebody will offer twenty million I would sell...not worth selling to make a bigger loss than that. He still has a chance, but I do err on the side of him probably not making it with us.

....notice Gordon is now getting more game time than Kean. Gordon said after the win at Norwich that he feels Ancelotti ‘has got confidence in him’ to do a job for the team. Interesting use of words because I think it accurately suggests Ancelotti hasn’t got confidence in Kean.

When protecting a lead, Kean does look a calamity waiting to happen when he comes on. I can understand why Ancelotti might be reluctant to use him unless we’re chasing a goal.
That's fair. However as @ArtetaMoney pointed out Gordon is replacing our under-performing wingers while Kean has Richy and DCL in front of him. This is no knock against gordon btw. He must be doing the business in practice and I hope Gordon and more young players get more time down the strech

Kean should be our sub when either DCL or Richie need a break/take a knock and if we're winning then he can have a few minutes at the end.

He does look really powerful and it's been mentioned that he is the hardest striker of the ball - I think he'll come good over the course of the remaining games/next season. I can envisage DCL down the middle with Richie and Kean either side and it being a successful trio.

I can see Kean starting soon. He needs to play in order for the team to understand and connect with his play as well as theirs.

We have Leicester, Spurs, Southampton, Wolves, Villa, Sheff United and Bournemouth so he'll start and get 3 goals easy.

The boy is a talent.
We’re all entitled to our opinions, that’s what a forum’s for. What makes you think he’ll start a game soon and score goals? We’ve seen nothing as yet to suggest he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.