2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah fair one. I probably should’ve put something along the lines of “beyond belief when you take into account his name before he came here”
It's all Goat's fault.
He has a 100% strike rate. It's uncanny how players enter a personal hell once the name change happens. Scary tbh.

I fear the day I see TommyesGoat

It's all Goat's fault.
He has a 100% strike rate. It's uncanny how players enter a personal hell once the name change happens. Scary tbh.

I fear the day I see TommyesGoat

His last season at Saints he was peerless.

But Moutinho is AMAZING, so was Arteta and Brands is 1 window away from a statue.

I agree.

But I think the fee will include his wages on the remaining 12 months of his contract, which is circa 5 million.

I’ve heard people mention 2 million, so maybe he is going for about 7 million but most of it goes to paying off the remainder of his contract, and we are left with 2 million? That would be a good deal imo.

I make it 8.5 mill, in wages and 2mill fee, less 5 mill on his book price, clear about 3.5mill, or rather space on the wage bill. Essentially we haven’t crystallised a loss and saved a bit on the wage bill.

The fee will be interesting, but if it’s on the low side it will be undisclosed.

Selling Bernard for £15 million is £15 million profit in the books - we paid bugger all for him.

Buying 3x £25 million players on 5 year contracts will be £15 million on this financial year books.

Obviously its a further £15 million for the following 4x seasons whilst they are at the club but if you are going solely off what we can get away with on a year by year basis then selling Bernard for £15 million helps us a hell of alot more in giving the manager the funds to spend this summer than selling Iwobi for £15 million 1 year into his 5 year deal which would post us a loss.

Simply put without selling Gana last season we would have struggled spending what we did as he was the big profit maker FFP speaking.

You're not accounting for wages at all, unless my westmalle addled mind is missing it...

I agree.

But I think the fee will include his wages on the remaining 12 months of his contract, which is circa 5 million.

I’ve heard people mention 2 million, so maybe he is going for about 7 million but most of it goes to paying off the remainder of his contract, and we are left with 2 million? That would be a good deal imo.

Its 2m, as Neiler says above you factor in his wages and we make a "profit".

Its 2m, as Neiler says above you factor in his wages and we make a "profit".
How do you make a profit spunking 40ish million quid on an absolute cart horse over the course of his contract, then flog said horse for 2m and call it a profit?

My calculator must be bust

I make it 8.5 mill, in wages and 2mill fee, less 5 mill on his book price, clear about 3.5mill, or rather space on the wage bill. Essentially we haven’t crystallised a loss and saved a bit on the wage bill.

The fee will be interesting, but if it’s on the low side it will be undisclosed.

So Schneiderlin gets to pocket his remaining wages, but Nice are paying them, and a little extra to us?

Actually felt he was improving under Ancelotti.

Concerning For me is that, we’re so low on midfield numbers that we still didn’t play him, cause we’re desperate to get him off the books. Are we financial not as well as we thought?

Concerning For me is that, we’re so low on midfield numbers that we still didn’t play him, cause we’re desperate to get him off the books. Are we financial not as well as we thought?

Its FFP. If we want to bring someone better in (I imagine Carlo does) then we need to move some of the high earners on.

Hes looking to build a younger team so players who are older and not starters will be moved on.

Maybe you missed the 112m loss we made last accounts mate.

You're not accounting for wages at all, unless my westmalle addled mind is missing it...

Im talking solely from a player trading side of things - you obviously have income revenue, gate money, TV cash etc. That plays into it - but the reality is selling homegrown players and those who came on a free is the best way to boost you FFP speaking.

Selling Kean for £5 million tomorrow would knacker us but selling him for £5 million in 3 years time when he's 4 years into his 5 year contract wouldn't do.

The club will also be privy to the fact that Richarlison will inevitably leave for £100+ million in the next year or so - Usmanov's dodgy deals aside we dont make enough revenue to stop us needing to sell a top asset if we intend to reinvest a large amount regulary in the windows.

The fact we have come so close to falling foul of the rules in recent years makes me believe the club will be happy to take the risk knowing we do have assets to "sell" if needed.

Sadly having to pay approx. £15 million back to the TV companies will hurt us this window unless we sell a few players to offset the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.