Match Thread Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to swerve this today but ended up watching it. Much as I hate this fiasco being resurrected by Sky/the EPL etc., I though we looked OK, given that we're normally very rusty after any layoff (i.e. summer). Although it was annoying we didn't nick it, I think it was our late flurry that got us the point, as inviting the siege for the last 10 mins or so never usually ends well. So it was good to see us have a bit of a go at them - they're very beatable, but few teams have realised that this season. A decent point, but hopefully we'll get 3 on Wednesday.

I thought we did well to be honest. Overwhelmingly lower quality than them and the structure of the team did the job to stop them. We don’t have the quality to take the game to them but to make it difficult and wait for a chance or two.

Biggest Davies critic but was very unlucky with his post effort. Did everything right, kept it low, across goal with pace and just their luck it bounces away rather than in.

Got to go to Norwich and have a real go though. Expect we will see Bernard play. Maybe Kean.

We played with a plan.....not to play high and allow space to be exploited by long balls. The reason we got murdered at Anfield. They had no space behind us to exploit and in all honesty never created too much. Not great to watch but being honest they would have smashed us if we attempted an open game.

From another site, "The average age of Everton’s starting XI for this game was 24 years & 356 days – the Toffees’ youngest starting line-up for a league match against Liverpool since February 1986"

Read another stat only Mordor, City and Utd have had more points then us since Carlo took over and that includes some stinkers of fixtures.

After tonight, all games from now are a prep for next season they will feel like that anyway. Hopefully we can all go back to the game September or October and the real football can start again coyb.

You left my little lad in tears yer tight get.He was minding yer cardboard car.He only popped in for a wazz and when he came out YOU'D DRIVEN OFF.I have had to give him a cardboard 50 pence now.I hope your happy with yerself.
Lol. Brilliant mate

I've not missed it these last few months but 1st half I was as tense as ive always been. Hard to believe we.still havnt got over the line against those c...s. hopefully enjoy watching us rest of the season cos football generally is a bit crap atm

Status
Not open for further replies.