Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK ill stop bashing Hummel and get on board.

Until this happens

hummel-custom4.jpg

This is an interesting one, but do you see Hummel competing with anyone except Bjorn Borg online underpants? The market is saturated with trendy sports apparel and activewear. If Hummel are suddenly about to launch new international and revolutionary sports wear then I'm on board, but I guarantee this will be the worst selling shirt of all time. We'd even get more sales and exposure from getting Lorna Jane yoga pants to make our kits!

How about this analogy. Say you walk into a British Car dealership and want to buy a Holden Commodore. You can't. You buy whats available. Where would you like to see Everton? Front and centre in the shop window or in the warehouse tucked away somewhere? Hummel is too niche. Too small for our supposed ambitions.
If it comes to that I haven't seen an Everton shirt in a shop since the mid 90s, be it le coq, nike or umbro.

In a sensible world (yeah right as if) If the design is nice people will buy it irrespective of the brand.

Haha - I hope they do make a cracking kit, it's widely available and it's the start of a great relationship. I just feel like its another in a long list of commercial fails.

Few things...
As Goat as said, it's our best ever kit deal. I'm pretty sure any brand willing to pay more we would've gone with them.

They're a recognised brand in Europe.

It's getting us out of a terrible Umbro deal.

It also doesn't lock us into a kitbag style merchandise arm where we're unable to sell in other retailers.

They're also making a huge push/resurgence into fashion and sports/esport markets (got deals with Foot Asylum here in the UK for eg). Hence they looking to push a brand more.

Everton are the biggest name on their list. So whatever exposure they're looking to get or avenues they're wanting to open, we'll be front and centre of it.

Or its a rubbish deal because you can't walk into Asda/Wallmart and pick one up.

Fair enough but the point is that by going with such a tiny company, how are we competing? Here kids, would you like a Nike shirt, Adidas etc or...err Hummell??

I have never ever heard anyone ask a kid do you want a nike or adidas shirt? That would never be the question with football.

Do you want a Real Madrid or Barca shirt? PSG or Bayern? It does not matter who makes the kit it's the club itself.

Nobody but Everton fans are going to buy an Everton kit and Everton fans will buy the Everton kit regardless if that's what they do.

The only way to sell more kits is to start winning stuff, by that point you could have any company make it.

Few things...
As Goat as said, it's our best ever kit deal. I'm pretty sure any brand willing to pay more we would've gone with them.

They're a recognised brand in Europe.

It's getting us out of a terrible Umbro deal.

It also doesn't lock us into a kitbag style merchandise arm where we're unable to sell in other retailers.

They're also making a huge push/resurgence into fashion and sports/esport markets (got deals with Foot Asylum here in the UK for eg). Hence they looking to push a brand more.

Everton are the biggest name on their list. So whatever exposure they're looking to get or avenues they're wanting to open, we'll be front and centre of it.

Or its a rubbish deal because you can't walk into Asda/Wallmart and pick one up.

Really well said, good points.

My gripe is more to do with the fact that if theres no Everton prescence in shops (here in Oz) - we don’t exist to anyone who doesn’t know us. Anyone can buy anything online nowadays but that kid looking for a team to support will still see 25 other teams on the shelves and support them instead.

I get the fact that no one gives two shits about International fans - but the club should.

Status
Not open for further replies.