2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mina was one of our best players up until around Christmas. Keane has been good when others have covered his mistakes

Our top goalscorer.

I actually think Digne has been a solid 7/10 across the season.

DCL usually 7/8 since Ferguson came in

Holgate at around 8/10

Richarlison at 8/10

If you put better quality players around them i could see those numbers looking very solid.
I thought Mina started the season pretty well but not sure it lasted until Christmas. Also worth pointing out we were absolutely useless at that point. This is kind of what I’m getting at. Being one of our best players doesn’t mean you’re a good signing, because the competition isn’t great. We’d finished 7th and 8th the two seasons before brands came. We needed to sign players capable of taking us higher than that, and frankly I’m not sure we have.

For those who call DCL our top scorer its very sneaky when:

1. Half his goals were gifted by the opposition

2. We only have Richarlison in the squad who also scores so its a 2 horse race

3. You are selectively cherry picking using 3 months out of his 3 year time at the club when the other 2+ years he was abysmal.

I could bang 100 brasses doesn't make me a top shagger.

3. You are selectively cherry picking using 3 months out of his 3 year time at the club when the other 2+ years he was abysmal.

I mean he’s scored the most goals so he’s our top scorer: it’s not rocket science it’s very basic primary school math.

Personally if we had a striker who got 30 goals in a season and every one was gifted by the opposition I would be over the moon .I don't see the point of that comment every striker has goals gifted .To quote Bobby brown shoes " Football is a game of mistakes " and he would know !

Personally if we had a striker who got 30 goals in a season and every one was gifted by the opposition I would be over the moon .I don't see the point of that comment every striker has goals gifted .To quote Bobby brown shoes " Football is a game of mistakes " and he would know !

I would say statistically DCL has had far more goals gifted too him in these past 3 months than your average CF over a season

2x De Gea howlers
2x Chelsea CB howlers

Im sure there was another one aswell but cant remember the team.

So take 4-5 goals away from his season total and it isnt anything spectacular more your average CF in the league.

Its the fact the bar is so low with our fans as we've been starved of any goals in the side since Rom left that we hold him up as some top CF when he cant score the goals that makes the top strikers great.

The day he starts putting away 1 on 1 chances and being able to take on a defender / give the goalie the eyes before calmly slotting it in the other corner of the goal is the day I'll happily admit to him being a very good finisher.

Until then he's a useful squad player and nothing more hyped up beyond belief based on 3 months of football.

Could you please tell us which player has scored the most goals this season for Everton?

Could you please tell us which player has scored the most goals this season for Everton?

I may have worded my initial post wrong mate - he is statistically our top scorer so far this season - however some use that in the manner to suggest he's a top striker and good enough to take us forward when I dont believe that.

Some of our fans use stats as the be all and end all - using stats Milner is a top finisher when in reality he scores about 50 penalties a season for the RS.

Rashford is another one who is labelled top quality by the media when in reality alot of his goals come from penalties.

Stats are useful but they never tell the full story. All im saying is that looking at a player using only 3 months worth of good form whilst not including the previous 2 and a half seasons of bad performances is for me daft especially when a good few of those goals have been gifted by the opposition.

Im more impressed in DCL's overall play than his "goals" which is for me why we still need to sign a natural goalscoring CF.

I may have worded my initial post wrong mate - he is statistically our top scorer so far this season - however some use that in the manner to suggest he's a top striker and good enough to take us forward when I dont believe that.

Some of our fans use stats as the be all and end all - using stats Milner is a top finisher when in reality he scores about 50 penalties a season for the RS.

Rashford is another one who is labelled top quality by the media when in reality alot of his goals come from penalties.

Stats are useful but they never tell the full story. All in saying is that looking at a player using only 3 months worth of good form whilst not including the previous 2 and a half seasons of bad performances is for me daft especially when a good few of those goals have been gifted by the opposition.

Im more impressed in DCL's overall play than his "goals" which is for me why we still need to sign a natural goalscoring CF.

DCL is our top scorer.
Richarlison is our best striker.

Don't try and overthink it or you'll have an aneurysm.

I would say statistically DCL has had far more goals gifted too him in these past 3 months than your average CF over a season

2x De Gea howlers
2x Chelsea CB howlers

So take 4-5 goals away from his season total and it isnt anything spectacular more your average CF in the league.
Before we start knocking goals off his total, let’s see your statistical evidence for this statement... otherwise the entire post is utterly meaningless.

DCL is our top scorer.
Richarlison is our best striker.

Don't try and overthink it or you'll have an aneurysm.

Theres your conundrum - Richarlison isnt for me a natural finisher.

He's a top class wide forward but we dont use wide forwards in a 442 set up.

Which for me is why if you want DCL still up top you are better playing Richarlison out wide where he will still chip in with the goals whilst signing a top CF who is a natural goal scorer in the Lukaku/Aguero/Kane sense.

2x De Gea howlers
2x Chelsea CB howlers

Its the fact the bar is so low with our fans as we've been starved of any goals in the side since Rom left that we hold him up as some top CF when he cant score the goals that makes the top strikers great.

The day he starts putting away 1 on 1 chances and being able to take on a defender / give the goalie the eyes before calmly slotting it in the other corner of the goal is the day I'll happily admit to him being a very good finisher.

Until then he's a useful squad player and nothing more hyped up beyond belief based on 3 months of football.

Top Italian strikers made their careers on defensive errors, goalkeeping howlers and tap ins. If they were so easy to come by every striker would score these types of goals. He’s in the position to capitalise on them though.

Top Italian strikers made their careers on defensive errors, goalkeeping howlers and tap ins. If they were so easy to come by every striker would score these types of goals. He’s in the position to capitalise on them though.

But that only gets you so far.

We aint finishing top 4/6 regularly and winning trophies on a CF notching 12 goals a season largely off opposition errors which may or may not come.

At some point if we are to achieve Ancelotti's ambition we are going to need to sign a top drawer CF whereas some seem to think that isnt the case which baffles me.

I

am sorry but this is the post Of somebody who will not accept he ya wrong
Goals gifted by the opposition still have to be scored ... many many do not get finished
The lad is becoming a finisher unde Carlo
He could score 30 and you would still hate

I

am sorry but this is the post Of somebody who will not accept he ya wrong
Goals gifted by the opposition still have to be scored ... many many do not get finished
The lad is becoming a finisher unde Carlo
He could score 30 and you would still hate

I reckon his missus makes him wear a DCL face mask when they're in bed together and thus began the complete resentment.

Emerson the right back but hes getting games at Betis.

Otherwise the ones to watch out for would be Lenglet, Semedo and Arthur.
I think that Semedo would do well in England. He dominated Liverpool's left side when he replaced Roberto at the Nou Camp last season, and I still believe that Barcelona would have gone through had they not, bizarrely, started the second leg with the same clown who had to be hooked in the first.

I haven't seen much of Lenglet, but Arthur looked like a star in the making. Has he got himself on the ale or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.