Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn’t his son or maybe his nephew been linked to the club, or maybe it was an office in the liver building. Something a long those lines rings a bell

He has no sons, but his nephew now works for the club in quite a senior role. Whether his nephew gets all his funds in his death I'm not sure, but I'd imagine a fair whack goes to him. I'd also say, the USM family are firmly behind Everton for a multitude of reasons.

He has no sons, but his nephew now works for the club in quite a senior role. Whether his nephew gets all his funds in his death I'm not sure, but I'd imagine a fair whack goes to him. I'd also say, the USM family are firmly behind Everton for a multitude of reasons.
Laundering it out of the eastern bloc being the main one.

Absolutely crying at this in the replies

9AA0882C-E105-4ECB-82B3-054D7F69D2E0.jpeg

Absolutely.
I don't think the football community is in any position to turn it's nose up at any money whatever the source.
Money introduced by a wealthy Premiership owner could see a player purchased from a lower league club which could keep them afloat.
Thatcherite trickle down theory. The Prem has killed the FA cup and the distribution of funds that was so important to the lower leagues. It is no longer British football, it is a league of nations. I am not racist by the way but dont kid yourself it is an English league, it is an international all stars competition for TV

Football is an international game now, in fact most sports are.
Nevertheless we see that money does trickle down from Premiership clubs to the lower leagues.
We have Holgate and DCL in our team who came to us from lower league clubs. , in January we signed Branthwaite and I would guess that money was very welcome for Carlisle as it is to all lower league clubs who sell players to Premiership clubs.

The more money in football,the more it can be spread around, clubs can afford bigger squads, bigger academies. The system is far from perfect but the law of supply and demand applies .. and the Premiership is a huge attraction worldwide and that is in no small part because there are players in it from all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.