Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think that multi billionaires will have massively increased their wealth when the stock market has gone belly up? The super rich aren't sitting on piles of £50 notes. Most of their wealth is typically tied up in stocks which is how they keep getting wealthier - market growth. If anything, they've lost a fortune and that will remain the case until the markets recover.

The stock market hasnt gone "belly up". A large amount of stock prices have dropped in certain markets but the markets which USM are invested into seem to be experiencing the opposite...also due to the nature of the markets theyre invested in I can see them having exponential growth.

There was a tech buyout a couple of weeks ago for $400mil (massively overvalued imo) which shows the appetite and value for that particular market segment theyre in is increasing.

Do you realise that some tech investments have gone up 1000%++ in the last couple of months?

Now, having said that, Im looking at those markets in general and dont know the exact shares they hold or in which companies but Id be shocked if they were on the wrong side of this.

In HK there are Chinese companies whose valuation has increased 60 times over since the start of the year.

So, keeping that in mind and looking at the overall 'project' I can only see FFP being an issue to any transfer budget.

If FFP was relaxed then those gains could be of massive benefit to us.

I heard he was not so good this year. Any truth to that? I know his prior season was promising.

Hard to judge, i mean hes their best player. As was Gana at villa and so its not so easy to compare these types of players with those at successful teams.

£15mil I think he'll go for...we could shift out Delph for £8mil and bring him in instead to compete with Gbamin.

yeah but as it stands he’s on that now .... if wages are coming down every player will realise that their current contracts are the best they will ever get. this, for players that are 28 ish means that they will see their contracts out imo and he will be able to love when he’s 29 on a free and get another 3-4 deal and a signing on fee. He may move now but if he doeshe will be expecting more than the wage that tuson and niasse are getting

Yes good points there mate. I think in general you are right, people will sit on contracts for longer. This will especially be true of people who have 2+ years and suddenly what they are now being offered may not be may more than they are on (or not the increase they expect). It will make transfers more challenging.

The exceptions with James are that he has 1 year left. You do start to think ok, in 12 months, if I'm not playing at all, and I'm going into a market next summer that will be difficult as well, I could hit my earning potential even more by staying? Maybe Everton offer a good sign on fee? Maybe Madrid agree to make up some of the wages this season so he doesn't lose out a lot? Maybe he's prepared to make a cut to play for Carlo?

All I'll say, is forget his wage now. Nobody is paying him that. He was the hottest property in the world when that was negotiated, with massive sell on value etc etc. Now he's a 28 year old lad, who's had really 4-5 quite underwhelming years. Maybe he can rediscover form close to that, but it's a gamble. His market value in a normal market would probably be about 1/2 what he was on at Madrid (so about 125k). You factor in the financial difficulties football will have over the next 12-18 months and maybe he feels a long term deal at those levels makes sense?

I'll also add this in. As a player gets older I think the manager starts to become more important. You know who you can play for and who you cant. Under Walter we signed Gasgoigne and Gough and without Smith we don't sign either of those. You have to put some faith in a certain manager. I see Ancelotti as a bit like Walter but much better. So tapping into his network makes some sense.

As for Tosun and Niasse, it's a fair point, but they were both signed in boom times. DCL will be on less money. And we will be moving them out when we can. SO it's not relevant really.

Yes, I was cautious on my wording!

Re FFP, I saw Maddock say Liverpool will lose 100m from ground revenue lost, thats on top of the 100m+ they've lost in revenue since this crisis began (best case). Some assumption sales of shirts remain equivalent, and no sponsors pull out (or pay less) and the lack of CL money drop and you still have a £200m debt. With the additional it could be much more, but we will work to 200. Wages up 50m, but 40m profit the season before. Very rough calculation they are over £200m down in terms of a single year loss. This is not the worst case scenario though and assumes football returns in June. Could be closer to £300m

They are well over FFP limits. If Liverpool are, all the top 6. I just don't see how FFP can work in that context. It will either have to be relaxed, or adapted. If it's relaxed, you want to add as many young players as possible, pay as much up front as you can (and this barter the overall fee down), take the loss this year then back into profit the years after as their costs come off the balance sheet.

I suspect the PL wont be looking to closely at our increased training ground naming right deals or our USM option on first refusal to stadium naming rights now.

Probably hoping to get as much money into clubs as they can.

Hard to judge, i mean hes their best player. As was Gana at villa and so its not so easy to compare these types of players with those at successful teams.

£15mil I think he'll go for...we could shift out Delph for £8mil and bring him in instead to compete with Gbamin.

I'd rather do them a swap for schniederlin and we have to pay schniederlins wages for a year or two

I didn't really take much notice of Gana when at Villa, well not so much that I was desperate for us to sign him when they went down. I think unless you are buying absolutely proven quality for top dollar there is always a risk. The next bracket below are the expensive that you think could prove a snip or completely overpriced. e.g a Richarlison or a Klaasen. For whatever reason, the vast majority of our signings the past few seasons have not worked out.

Had to curb the language in this quote but here goes:

What the f were your fans on that night? I've followed Utd all over Europe for years and have never known a ground to be that angry, everyone sat around us was just looking at each other thinking - 'f’n hell

Status
Not open for further replies.