Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
...he was, I’m just saying it’s hard to see a place for him other than as a no10 and even then Iwobi looked more effective in that role the few times he played.
Oh, gotcha. Thought you were going down the other route of "he needs to be in his correct position!" of which the simple answer is: there isn't any. He's crap. He's always been crap. He's only going to get more crap.

Oh, gotcha. Thought you were going down the other route of "he needs to be in his correct position!" of which the simple answer is: there isn't any. He's crap. He's always been crap. He's only going to get more crap.

...I don’t think ‘he’s always been crap’, but he’s been so poor this season it’s almost as if he doesn’t want to be here.

Reading all the comments about bad signings.

Sadly the most damning statistic is that Richarlison, Digne (who has had a poor void season) and Bernard are the only really good purchases. Gomes has played well in parts.

The rest have been terrible for the outlay.
Some are laughably bad. Klaassen, Bolasie, Martina, Sandro and Tosun have resembled fans on the pitch. Williams, Shneiderlin, Keane and Sigurdsson have all fallen into this mode too.

The best players currently are Richarlison and then DCL and Holgate. 2 players picked up for nominal fees from lower leagues.

I am not sure why we have ended up with so many wasters. Kean, Iwobi and the injured Gbamin have contributed sod all too.

This has to change. I look forward to the void being declared, and we can rebuild this mess with a clean slate.

Zidane does'nt like him and told him he does'nt want him at Real which is the Manager's option just like your great Coutinho was not wanted at Barcelona ;-)
Real are trying to reduce expenses and wage bill just like all clubs at moment similar to Barcelona :) ie the reason they have your coutinho out onloan !
Coutinho lost his place to Muller who is in twilight of his career :-(
Munich are a highly efficently run club with finances etc and changed Managers when Rodriquez was there who decided against taking the option to buy him just as your world class coutinho option has ot been took either !

In my opinion, Coutinho is a poor mans Rodriquez, he was a 1 game in ten top class performance while at redshite ! For less transfer and wages and for international attention Rodriquez would be a better option ;-)

Bayern wanted to take James...but he asked them not to take the option.

Siggy was abysmal this season. No question. But last season he was great. The stats show it.

people claiming he’s the worst is just stupidity. Yes he’s been terrible this season and lost his legs but he’s a talented player and his career shows it.

time to sell but putting him in the bracket of worst is a massive long shot and not justified at all.

there’s been dross like ward, Thomas, Davies, niasse, schnerlin, o’kane etc.

He was great in about 6 games in total. He cost £45m, and has performed “well” in about 10 games in his Everton career. There’s your value for money right there.

Any of them going to cost the club the best part of 60 odd mil by the time their contract is finished?

pretty sure if you added all their goals together siggy scores more .They might not have cost as much but value..... sandro has taken us for 120k pw and has basically never even played , bolasie has been getting paid and hasn’t played for two years, Walcott has done nothing and costs the same wage, Morgan same. Siggy was good last season so has contributed something and been available to actually play for us which can’t be said for sandro, bolasie and tuson, niasse and Morgan hardly ever set foot on the pitch

He was great in about 6 games in total. He cost £45m, and has performed “well” in about 10 games in his Everton career. There’s your value for money right there.
Those transfer windows buying the likes of siggy,bolasie,walcott and schneiderlin have set us back years.

Won’t be able to shift them on without continuing to contribute to their massive wages.

pretty sure if you added all their goals together siggy scores more .They might not have cost as much but value..... sandro has taken us for 120k pw and has basically never even played , bolasie has been getting paid and hasn’t played for two years, Walcott has done nothing and costs the same wage, Morgan same. Siggy was good last season so has contributed something and been available to actually play for us which can’t be said for sandro, bolasie and tuson, niasse and Morgan hardly ever set foot on the pitch
Most of those will have had their loan clubs pay part of their wage, we’ve had to stomach paying this Icelandic dosser his full wage while he stinks the gaff out week in week out. Makes no difference if he’s available to play when he’s anonymous when he does

Those transfer windows buying the likes of siggy,bolasie,walcott and schneiderlin have set us back years.

Won’t be able to shift them on without continuing to contribute to their massive wages.
The thing is none of those individuals or their fees or their wages have been what sets us back. What sets us back is the lack of a plan. The lack of an overarching idea of how everything we do is fitting into our end goal. If you really look at how Pep and Klopp have built their teams you will see how everything was building toward an endpoint. Yes they had the resources to do it, but so do United and Arsenal. We have enough money to be better than we are, but to this point we haven't had the plan.

I’d take Bolasie over Siggurdson any day of the week. Siggurdson is the worst player I’ve seen in blue. Slow in body and in mind, awful touch, abysmal attitude, requires the whole team built around him and is still anonymous. Terrible terrible player.

not been on much for a while, since lockdown started really.
This was enough to make me log straight back off.

Reading all the comments about bad signings.

Sadly the most damning statistic is that Richarlison, Digne (who has had a poor void season) and Bernard are the only really good purchases. Gomes has played well in parts.

The rest have been terrible for the outlay.
Some are laughably bad. Klaassen, Bolasie, Martina, Sandro and Tosun have resembled fans on the pitch. Williams, Shneiderlin, Keane and Sigurdsson have all fallen into this mode too.

The best players currently are Richarlison and then DCL and Holgate. 2 players picked up for nominal fees from lower leagues.

I am not sure why we have ended up with so many wasters. Kean, Iwobi and the injured Gbamin have contributed sod all too.

This has to change. I look forward to the void being declared, and we can rebuild this mess with a clean slate.
The thing is and this is not you personally, because I don’t know your opinion.

Say that the philosophy for brands is buy young so they have sell on value. And then moan when a19yr old kid from another country doesn’t become a superstar overnight. Also Gbamin has played one game, so let’s at least give him a season.

Iwobi yes that looks a bit of a last minute panic buy. But if brands sold all the players he’s bought today, he would make a profit. So the re-sale boys will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.