Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s ironic for years we’ve been seeking a billionaire to take the club forward but because of FFP are hands are tied somewhat. If they relax FFP and Usmanov formally comes on board, it’s a game changer. One of the world’s most decorated managers, funded by one of the world’s richest men, with one of the world’s best football stadia about to be built. You just know the premier league wouldn’t let it happen.

If FFP gets relaxed for even 1 summer we need to use that to our advantage and go on a big splurge.

If FFP gets relaxed for even 1 summer we need to use that to our advantage and go on a big splurge.
Imagine the price you'd have to pay for even an average player if they relaxed FFP, you'd be quoted 95 million for Jonjo Shelvey. Have to spend a billion quid to build up a half decent squad.

Imagine the price you'd have to pay for even an average player if they relaxed FFP, you'd be quoted 95 million for Jonjo Shelvey. Have to spend a billion quid to build up a half decent squad.
We might not even post a loss against the books due to depreciation for Siggy!

Think a lot of clubs will massively feel the pinch after all this, will be a buyers market for the first time in a long time IMO.
Clubs simply won't have the same level of revenue at their direct disposal, without borrowing, so I can see the transfer market being very different this summer.

For example, I know the club have knocked back their season ticket renewal until late May, but how many people may struggle to afford it this year?

If you've been furloughed and only on 80% of your wage or those who are self-employed and not bringing the cash in, it may be difficult to afford the outlay.

That's before all the missed gate receipts this season and you suspect merchandise (new kits) will be delayed too, so clubs will definitely be feeling the pinch.

Clubs simply won't have the same level of revenue at their direct disposal, without borrowing, so I can see the transfer market being very different this summer.

For example, I know the club have knocked back their season ticket renewal until late May, but how many people may struggle to afford it this year?

If you've been furloughed and only on 80% of your wage or those who are self-employed and not bringing the cash in, it may be difficult to afford the outlay.

That's before all the missed gate receipts this season and you suspect merchandise (new kits) will be delayed too, so clubs will definitely be feeling the pinch.
Thats why the relaxing of FPP may help
Having a Billionaire owner who is prepared to pump in cash and maintain sponsorship levels will help too

Status
Not open for further replies.