Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and in a way, that’s the point I make with every manager. Building a team is lots to do with blend and players complimenting each other. I would hope the DoF and Manager have a picture in their mind of the team model and how they want to play.

Kendall brought Paul Power and Wayne Clarke into a squad and we won the title. Neither would’ve been on fans wish list, but they played key parts in winning the league. Pienaar came in and formed a great blend with Baines.

it’s not always about signing the best players, it’s about signing the right players.
"Every manager"? Martinez brought in Aroune fn Kone, Aiden McGeady, Alcaraz and Lacina Traore.

See mentions of Coutinho - he'd be an incredible signing. Not sure the reasons behind some believing he's not good enough for us, bollocks to that, he goes straight in as our best player. However, the realist in me knows that this is very, very unlikely.

Also if it comes to paying £12m for Sidibe or saving that and keeping Kenny on then the latter is the more sensible option.

Coutinho’s agent says last year there was no way he would go to anyone in the PL but Liverpool.
Even if they relaxed those thoughts, Everton would never ever happen.
Aside from the rivalry he would have his sights set a lot higher than us.

Coutinho’s agent says last year there was no way he would go to anyone in the PL but Liverpool.
Even if they relaxed those thoughts, Everton would never ever happen.
Aside from the rivalry he would have his sights set a lot higher than us.
He has to realize nobody wants him for the price tag he will ask. The lad couldnt even beat out Perisic (Who respectivly isnt as talented as Coutinho) at Bayern. He failed at Barca. Maybe a little humble pie would do him good.

Coutinho is a non-starter.

Wages and fee would be astronomical, he won't be going anywhere that isn't Champions League guaranteed and he loves Liverpool and has said he would never upset their fans.

There is absolutely no way.

I actually thought he was doing pretty well at Bayern but they gave up on him it seems.

He'd be our best winger immediately. If he was cheap we would be absolutely mad to say no so we can play Bernard or Iwobi every week.

He was a good game every 10 or 12 when at redshite ;-( over rated one trick pony that would cost a fortune and be on huge wages so no thanks

He was a good game every 10 or 12 when at redshite ;-( over rated one trick pony that would cost a fortune and be on huge wages so no thanks
Well that's certainly an exaggeration but he is overrated.

Still we don't have anyone so if the price was right, which it isn't, he'd be worth going after.

Coutinho is a non-starter.

Wages and fee would be astronomical, he won't be going anywhere that isn't Champions League guaranteed and he loves Liverpool and has said he would never upset their fans.

There is absolutely no way.

They all say that mate - if you dont you get the Raheem treatment / Bullets in the post.

Well that's certainly an exaggeration but he is overrated.

Still we don't have anyone so if the price was right, which it isn't, he'd be worth going after.

Price will be triple what we paid for Glyffi and what I said was'nt an exageration ;-) We need young hungry players to build a formidable team so lets get Everton instead ? Coutinho been over rated at redshite, failure at Barcelona and average at Bayern but his a household name so lets buy him ;-( His wages per week will be enough to pay for NHS too what everyone is moaning about all week how wages are stupidly too high

Price will be triple what we paid for Glyffi and what I said was'nt an exageration ;-) We need young hungry players to build a formidable team so lets get Everton instead ? Coutinho been over rated at redshite, failure at Barcelona and average at Bayern but his a household name so lets buy him ;-( His wages per week will be enough to pay for NHS too what everyone is moaning about all week how wages are stupidly too high
I'm not saying we should buy him at all, but he is a pretty good player all told.

He was overrated at the RS for sure, but Barca bought him to do something he was never suited to do and he's done more at Bayern this year than all of our creative players combined. I think the RS part is clouding people's judgment just a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.