Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying we should buy him at all, but he is a pretty good player all told.

He was overrated at the RS for sure, but Barca bought him to do something he was never suited to do and he's done more at Bayern this year than all of our creative players combined. I think the RS part is clouding people's judgment just a little bit.

His a luxury player who needs carrying in a team and thats not what we need ;-) We need a team of Paolo Montero mentalities who will enjoy putting opposition players on their ass and not be walked over ;-) Coutinho isnt that type of player and comparing him to the tripe we have currently, there's traffic cones more active and skillful then some of our current squad

His a luxury player who needs carrying in a team and thats not what we need ;-) We need a team of Paolo Montero mentalities who will enjoy putting opposition players on their ass and not be walked over ;-) Coutinho isnt that type of player and comparing him to the tripe we have currently, there's traffic cones more active and skillful then some of our current squad
Players who score and create goals aren't a luxury. They win matches and trophies.

Players who score and create goals aren't a luxury. They win matches and trophies.

He was part of Barcelona squad who won 2 titles, 2 spanish cups, was squad player for inter for italian cup, won nothing with redshite etc so in over 15 years in club football didnt win a lot ?

He was part of Barcelona squad who won 2 titles, 2 spanish cups, was squad player for inter for italian cup, won nothing with redshite etc so in over 15 years in club football didnt win a lot ?
I'm not talking about just Coutinho.

Just as an example Salah often doesn't do nearly the amount of work that the rest of the RS do without the ball. They don't care and I think you can guess why. Messi hasn't pressed in 5 years. Ronaldo the same. Hazard worked hard under Mourinho but has dropped off since. All these players are instrumental in teams winning. We need a player of that level.

But it isn't Coutinho.

In hindsight losing out on Zouma was the better thing that could have happened to us as it allowed Holgate to get his chance and flourish, which will hopefully in turn lead to us replacing Keane with somebody better.

Just desperately need to sort out the right hand side and get a good central midfielder in then we'll be sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.