"Watch Classic Matches Again"

Like so many, it’s one of two games I really wish I’d been there for (I was a student in London at the time)
The official video just doesn’t capture that rawness, and I think it’d be the next best thing to being there that night
When I lay hands on the video again I'll get the copying done and get one for you, gratis. One thing you'll realise once you see it is the sheer pace and intensity of the game. And its brutality.

Plymouth v Everton 4th Round FACup 1975

Absolute carnage that day. 12,000 Blues there (on a day by the way that the RS were playing at Ipswich and had to send back 2,000 unsold tickets from their 10,000 allocation). I got there about about half 1 and went to go into the pub at the top of the Park that ran virtually all the way down to the ground. I'm just about to push the door open when it flies open and a copper on horseback comes shooting out. There's still a full pub in there but inside it's mayhem, with tables and chairs smashed and the floor covered in glass.
And the walk/run down the park was open warfare.
Ahhh, memories......

Absolute carnage that day. 12,000 Blues there (on a day by the way that the RS were playing at Ipswich and had to send back 2,000 unsold tickets from their 10,000 allocation). I got there about about half 1 and went to go into the pub at the top of the Park that ran virtually all the way down to the ground. I'm just about to push the door open when it flies open and a copper on horseback comes shooting out. There's still a full pub in there but inside it's mayhem, with tables and chairs smashed and the floor covered in glass.
Ahhh, memories......
Happy days

Ahhh, memories......
My first away game this, it was one long train journey.

Happy days
Everton were given the side terrace opposite the cameras, but you can see when we score that there were also lots of Blues on the terracing behind each goal. On reflection, and looking at the size of that away end terracing, probably more than 12,000 there.

I was just wondering whether anyone saw both games: Dixies 60th goal against Arsenal in 1928 and Latchfords 30th goal 50 years later against
Chelsea in 1978. The most obvious was Dixie himself as he used to go to the game as a supporter in later years and feel sure that all the hype
around in April '78 may have got his juices running again.But I have just read an article on Dixie saying that about 3 years before he died in 1980
he had been very ill and had a leg amputated due to a blood clot. So I got to thinking who could have witnessed both goalscoring feats: somebody
on Evertons payroll or a fan, the fan would have to be say born in about 1910 making him too young for the First World War and about 18 years old
to see Dixies feat in 1928, then too old for the Second World War, and about 68 years old to see Latchfords penalty. You wouldn't believe this, I'm
checking for mistakes before I post this, and I've just read that Dixie was at the bloody 78 match and spoke to Latchford as well! Sod it I'm not
scrubbin' it now. Still, there maybe somebody elses Dad out there that saw both games.

To celebrate 25 years ago today I’m going to watch this tonight
4B09BC63-0179-41F7-ADFB-3C027828B5FF.jpeg