"Watch Classic Matches Again"

I was just wondering whether anyone saw both games: Dixies 60th goal against Arsenal in 1928 and Latchfords 30th goal 50 years later against
Chelsea in 1978. The most obvious was Dixie himself as he used to go to the game as a supporter in later years and feel sure that all the hype
around in April '78 may have got his juices running again.But I have just read an article on Dixie saying that about 3 years before he died in 1980
he had been very ill and had a leg amputated due to a blood clot. So I got to thinking who could have witnessed both goalscoring feats: somebody
on Evertons payroll or a fan, the fan would have to be say born in about 1910 making him too young for the First World War and about 18 years old
to see Dixies feat in 1928, then too old for the Second World War, and about 68 years old to see Latchfords penalty. You wouldn't believe this, I'm
checking for mistakes before I post this, and I've just read that Dixie was at the bloody 78 match and spoke to Latchford as well! Sod it I'm not
scrubbin' it now. Still, there maybe somebody elses Dad out there that saw both games.
My great uncle saw Dixies hattrick goals always a season ticket holder - probably did not see Bobs hattrick:(

My great uncle saw Dixies hattrick goals always a season ticket holder - probably did not see Bobs hattrick:(
To be honest Joey, I didn't even know we had season tickets in those dark days of the late 20s the recession and all that. Everton always had a good
following, so I suppose the turnstile money would have to be within most supporters grasp. When you think about it, Dixie must have given us so much
pleasure as all we had was our wife & Kids and Tory austerity.

To be honest Joey, I didn't even know we had season tickets in those dark days of the late 20s the recession and all that. Everton always had a good
following, so I suppose the turnstile money would have to be within most supporters grasp. When you think about it, Dixie must have given us so much
pleasure as all we had was our wife & Kids and Tory austerity.
No you mis understand, he seen Dixie's hattrick, as a true blue seldom missed a home game when season tickets were available he probably took one-up as he got older in the Goodison stands ....,he and my uncle were EFC fanatics nothing wrong with that....
When I met him it was like a scene from the GV play his enthusiasm for our history etc havens the respect of the history of our great club.....

Last edited:
For my fellow Yanks, you can watch the September 2006 3-0 derby win on the NBC Sports app.

To find it, filter to show only Premier League content. Then under Replays, scroll for a while and you’ll find it as one of the “Classic Matches” available. (It was posted on March 11.)

It’s amazing how much different the game was just 13 years ago. So much more direct.

Just watched the Spurs 1995 semi again
The ball must have been black and blue. Cant believe Unsey didnt burst it
Having said that it was Unseys best game for us. And only 21. The commentator said he had a big England future ahead....
He was brilliant in the final, too. Had Mark Hughes in his pocket. I remember the commentator saying it was like two bulls locking horns.

For my fellow Yanks, you can watch the September 2006 3-0 derby win on the NBC Sports app.

To find it, filter to show only Premier League content. Then under Replays, scroll for a while and you’ll find it as one of the “Classic Matches” available. (It was posted on March 11.)

It’s amazing how much different the game was just 13 years ago. So much more direct.
But just as fast. And if anything there was even more pressing the opposition than there is now - at least at Everton anyway

The year before was one of the biggest disappointments result wise getting beat by utd in the quarters to the following year one of the biggest highlights
Losing that quarter final at Utd was devastating. We had a very young side and were brilliant, creating chances and totally controlling the game until the last 10 minutes.