Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No
No
No
Out of range

You wrote:

I'm not saying they can't have good players still. Just that they aren't all good. And imo the only decent one right now is Rebic but we don't need a striker.
Clearly Paqueta Hernandez, Romagnoli and Donnarumma are all top players.

The only one who wouldnt walk into our team (but almost every other team in the league) is Hernandez

You wrote:

Clearly Paqueta Hernandez, Romagnoli and Donnarumma are all top players.

The only one who wouldnt walk into our team (but almost every other team in the league) is Hernandez
Mate respectfully if their team had 5 top players starting every week they wouldn't be a mid table side in Italy which is exactly the point I was making to begin with. They're overrated because it is still Milan but unfortunately their recruitment has been quite poor lately and the players just aren't that good.

FFP will be scrapped if this virus continues. Money is too important in the abomination of the modern game.

Then the targets will be whoever we want without restrictions and with Ancelotti and the new stadium to help attract them.

Depending on what happens it going to be fascinating. You can look at what will happen n the market in two ways.

As an optimists of a pessimist.

Say if the league doesn't finish then every club is going to be loosing a % of money. Losses will be rife, FFP will be relaxed given the context.

Then you have a very interesting market. How to approach it optimistically or pessimistically. Say you are Burnley, you stand to loose 50-60 mill. Say you have an up and coming prospect like Dwight Neill and you need to raise money, could be decent deals like that done. It could be a buyers market if you can speculate. Some good opportunities. Watford and Sarr could be similar.

Or you can look at it pessimistically, you've just taken a hit financially and you just ignore the market and try and keep what you have and wait out the market recession.

Thats just domestically.

In Europe for example, if 50% of leagues finish and 50% dont, then 50% have close to normal revenue while 50% though, thus creating a huge gap in the market of those looking to sell/hold - but needing revenue and others less so.

Going to be fascinating to see how this all pans out.

It could work the same as well, what if the CL isnt finished, will clubs still involved still be payed, will clubs who have been knocked out get less money as the pot will be smaller.

You would have to think that clubs that wellcome through this the best are the ones, who can with stand a massive financial shock and not relying on TV and other prize or gate money, the likes Utd are nicely placed.

Mate respectfully if their team had 5 top players starting every week they wouldn't be a mid table side in Italy which is exactly the point I was making to begin with. They're overrated because it is still Milan but unfortunately their recruitment has been quite poor lately and the players just aren't that good.
Similar to what some people think on here. Brands is class with some great recruitment the last two summers, pickfords the least of our worries, digne one of the best lb in the country, holgate should be in the England squad (not that that means much these days), Gomes and Bernard are class, Calvert lewin now suddenly brilliant, Richarlisons worth $100 million, keans showed some good flashes. Yet we’re 12th in a poo league

Similar to what some people think on here. Brands is class with some great recruitment the last two summers, pickfords the least of our worries, digne one of the best lb in the country, holgate should be in the England squad (not that that means much these days), Gomes and Bernard are class, Calvert lewin now suddenly brilliant, Richarlisons worth $100 million, keans showed some good flashes. Yet we’re 12th in a poo league
Yeah you're right we certainly overrate our players, every fanbase does, but it is weird when we overrate Milan or at a point Norwich's team given we have no reason to.

I want to assume the best about our team but the facts are probably closer to we have two top notch players in Digne and Richarlison, a few young players who could still get there like DCL, Kean and Holgate, a couple of others like Gomes and Mina who might be above average and a whole bunch of the rest who are average at absolute best. But when we play even a little well it is hard to not think maybe we are turning a corner.

I'd say Brands first summer was really good. Richarlison, Mina, Digne and Gomes figure to be long term parts of the squad. Zouma not coming back hurt but that isn't something he could have known when doing the loan and that year was worth it. Bernard is fine and on a free certainly not a negative signing even if he isn't ultimately all the way to what we needed. Last summer though is looking tough. Iwobi hasn't quite found his feet, Kean isn't getting time because of DCL's emergence, Sidibe is not quite Zouma and Gbamin is firmly TBD because of the injuries. But on the whole I trust Brands.

I'd like to see the club make a big donation to the NHS if we're going to justify spending so much in the next transfer window.

Yeah you're right we certainly overrate our players, every fanbase does, but it is weird when we overrate Milan or at a point Norwich's team given we have no reason to.

I want to assume the best about our team but the facts are probably closer to we have two top notch players in Digne and Richarlison, a few young players who could still get there like DCL, Kean and Holgate, a couple of others like Gomes and Mina who might be above average and a whole bunch of the rest who are average at absolute best. But when we play even a little well it is hard to not think maybe we are turning a corner.

I'd say Brands first summer was really good. Richarlison, Mina, Digne and Gomes figure to be long term parts of the squad. Zouma not coming back hurt but that isn't something he could have known when doing the loan and that year was worth it. Bernard is fine and on a free certainly not a negative signing even if he isn't ultimately all the way to what we needed. Last summer though is looking tough. Iwobi hasn't quite found his feet, Kean isn't getting time because of DCL's emergence, Sidibe is not quite Zouma and Gbamin is firmly TBD because of the injuries. But on the whole I trust Brands.

Zouma is absolute underpants and would’ve meant no Holgate.

Zouma is absolute underpants and would’ve meant no Holgate.
You may be right. The key to our defending last year was undoubtedly Idrissa Gueye, but I thought Zouma was alright and I'd say if he was here he would be starting over Holgate and performing at least as well. I'm not saying it's Holgate's fault, but his introduction hasn't exactly stopped us from conceding goals.

You may be right. The key to our defending last year was undoubtedly Idrissa Gueye, but I thought Zouma was alright and I'd say if he was here he would be starting over Holgate and performing at least as well. I'm not saying it's Holgate's fault, but his introduction hasn't exactly stopped us from conceding goals.

We were pissing goals in for fun with Zouma in the side for 3/4’s of last season.

We were pissing goals in for fun with Zouma in the side for 3/4’s of last season.
Fun fact: We conceded the same number of goals the entirety of last year as we have this year so far.

Yeah Gueye is gone, but hard to say he's the sole reason we are probably 15 goals worse off this season at the back.

To go a bit further we conceded 38 in his 29 starts. Conveniently that's the same number of games we've played all year this year and we've conceded 46.

I don't think Zouma is the best defender ever but I also wouldn't have expected us to be worse with him in the team. And he was in great form at the end of last year where our stout backline powered us to a really strong last ten games so maybe we do better. He's not "underpants" as you said originally just because he didn't want to force his way back here.

IMO Holgate has done really well and certainly will be someone who gets a shot at being here long term when football comes back, but he is far far from the point where we build a backline around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.