New Everton Stadium Discussion

Gutting I'd imagine especially to the occasional visitor going back. I suppose those who live in Liverpool will come to terms with it better seeing it more often.

I just wish they could save a small part of the Bullens Road stand like those images released in the echo of a hotel that incorporated it into the structure.

On a related theme does anybody know what is hapening with the actual ironwork?

I take it this work would begin once we move to Bramley Moore, so the £500 million investment in the north Liverpool docks which would create a lot of jobs and money for the local area would be followed by a £100 million investment in the L4 area creating more jobs and money for the local area

So £600 million plus of investment in the north of the city over a 4 year period

Never mind the kick start of development that will follow Bramley Moore

They'd have to be mad to turn that down

Gutting I'd imagine especially to the occasional visitor going back. I suppose those who live in Liverpool will come to terms with it better seeing it more often.

I just wish they could save a small part of the Bullens Road stand like those images released in the echo of a hotel that incorporated it into the structure.

I've probably seen Goodison in person for the last time -- my father passed away in 2014 and I only have distant relatives living there now, so not much reason to come back (unless I hit the lottery, in which case season tickets and the ale's on me for GOT members at a pub to be named later). So I'm eternally thankful to have at least seen the Old Lady up close and witnessed my beloved club win there. I will be in tears when the wrecking ball begins its work -- tears of sadness for Goodison, tears of joy for the new stadium and the bright future it holds.

On a related theme does anybody know what is hapening with the actual ironwork?

Good point.

I can imagine they'll surely incorporate some of it into the new stadium or monument?

If it's safe to do so, Arsenal couldn't let their fans take seats due to the under metal being toxic.

I've probably seen Goodison in person for the last time -- my father passed away in 2014 and I only have distant relatives living there now, so not much reason to come back (unless I hit the lottery, in which case season tickets and the ale's on me for GOT members at a pub to be named later). So I'm eternally thankful to have at least seen the Old Lady up close and witnessed my beloved club win there. I will be in tears when the wrecking ball begins its work -- tears of sadness for Goodison, tears of joy for the new stadium and the bright future it holds.

*please say Lisbon, please say lisbon*