Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a joke

Looking at the replies to that it is universal that no fans want that to happen at the risk to the health of people.

Well.. Universal except for kopites.

They should be reviled after this, wearing a Liverpool shirt is no better than wearing a Nazi uniform. Worse in fact, Nazi uniforms were Hugo Boss

I just don’t really understand how TV could demand money back from the PL.

Like it’s not their fault football got halted is it.

of course it's not, but the barman is going to ask the publican for his wages, publicans forced to closed are going to try to demand money from the insurers, the Insurance industry are going to try to claim from the state & the state is probably going to look for a bailout at special rates from the IMF etc etc

sadly the small guy & the publican will have no chance & I am not in anyway suggesting TV will get their money back from the PL, but I have no doubt that they will at least seek to have a judgement if they feel they have even a small chance of a case

Yea right. So travel restrictions, social distancing and players back to training are all going to be sorted by the beginning of May?

beginning of May, with a two to three week pre-season in advance required effectively means you would need this greenlighted by this day two weeks. There is zero chance of it happening.

they don't need to mate, its already catered for in contract law (Frustrated Contracts), these are all Fake News (sorry to get a bit Trumpy)

Frustrated Contracts are all about capability right? As it stands, while there are undoubtedly unforeseen circumstances, the PL are capable of finishing the contract (season) - this undoubtedly diminishes over time and is becoming less and less likely, as a case the TV rights people could use, each and every day

Yes, 2 weeks today is when these current restrictions are to be reviewed. They're more likely to be extended.

i don't think this will happen under any any circumstances - the only tiny tiny case for it, which the government might get behind is the argument that it might help people cope with the long term lockdown restrictions & provide some distraction & entertainment, but even if they did get the government over the line, there is surely no chance the PFA etc get on board.

I just don’t really understand how TV could demand money back from the PL.

Like it’s not their fault football got halted is it.
Yeah this is what I dont understand either, are the TV companies going to give all the subscribers a refund, don't think so.
The PL should agree to give them a deal on the next contract maybe to make up for what's lost. Problem is a lot of clubs might of spent the money already.

Anyone think that all these ideas are leaking to make it look like they are doing everything they can to fulfill the fixtures before saying the season is effectively curtailed.

All this UEFA stuff regarding void leagues not being able to field a team in next years CL, can you imagine how many people would watch if England, Spain, France, Italy and Germany had no teams - it would be like the Concaf cup and nobody would be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.