Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree void is probably were this will all pan out. Surely the arguement of void and get next season on track is entirely underpinned by the huge assumption that football will be back ready to go in August, no earlier or later.

That is a bloody big assumption

I think there are two points in this. Firstly of course we don't but that ought to be the focus. Secondly, as time goes by, the more it goes by the less sense it makes to me to start a season part way through. I think with time it just makes the season that has been played seem more and more of a memory.

I don't know if we start again in August. However I also think we need a forward thinking plan. I'm not massively hung up on it currently, but in life I always think you should make the best decision you can, and you should try to do it too early, rather than too late. Once we have finalised our decision, which is almost inevitable on this season, we can begin to move forward and try to plan how to resolve difficulties for next season.

I think there are two points in this. Firstly of course we don't but that ought to be the focus. Secondly, as time goes by, the more it goes by the less sense it makes to me to start a season part way through. I think with time it just makes the season that has been played seem more and more of a memory.

I don't know if we start again in August. However I also think we need a forward thinking plan. I'm not massively hung up on it currently, but in life I always think you should make the best decision you can, and you should try to do it too early, rather than too late. Once we have finalised our decision, which is almost inevitable on this season, we can begin to move forward and try to plan how to resolve difficulties for next season.

All fair - I'm bought into the wait til you have all the facts idea, when it is clear they will come down the tracks at some stage. I think uefa, fa, Bundesliga etc would be far better off coming out with a statement along the lines of

"Given the gravity of the situation and the lack of clarity in when it will be safe to return, we will not be making any decisions until that time and we are also immediately ruling out any behind closed doors solutions which could compromise player or staff safety"

And then probably void it then

All fair - I'm bought into the wait til you have all the facts idea, when it is clear they will come down the tracks at some stage. I think uefa, fa, Bundesliga etc would be far better off coming out with a statement along the lines of

"Given the gravity of the situation and the lack of clarity in when it will be safe to return, we will not be making any decisions until that time and we are also immediately ruling out any behind closed doors solutions which could compromise player or staff safety"

And then probably void it then

Yes maybe. But confusions causes anger. I think it's good UEFA have said 30th of June is the deadline. Sponsors need to know this, fans need to know this. We need clarity.

It also makes sense. The contract situation makes it the case.

Surely the longer this all goes on for, the more likely it is this season will be cancelled. No way will this season be finished

Sky hardly have any football on anymore in the grand scheme of things. I remember when they had all the PL and the foreign stuff but now it just seems like it's more EFL and the odd PL game. All the decent stuff is on BT and other stations.

Sky have 128 Premier League games a season and have first pick of games every single weekend like, but ok..

Sky and BT cant claim their money back as they have shown 75-80% of games they paid for. Yes they could withold the rest but they have had most of that contract fulfilled already

Its like the viewers saying they want a full years refund from Sky as they didnt fulfill their obligation to show x amount of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.