Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voiding won't happen so i see the league being played in august although the pandemic won't be over it should have subsided significantlly to allow matches behind closed doors in the uk, but i think the players mental and physical state will determine if this is possible
Voiding is an option, it just would be a last resort.

The virus will dictate when football starts again.

Assuming it is void, what do they have to appeal? Poor us, we didn't get our trophy?

I think all grounds for such will be on loss of revenue; Liverpool wouldn't have a case, it's just bad luck

My entire point here is based on the premise that Greed and revenue will prevail ahead of the right ethical or moral thing to do
What is the "right ethical or moral thing to do" though?

The issue is as well, it's much harder to prove there;s a loss if income from it. The PL could hand them the biggest slice of the pie in terms of TV revenues and really, financially they have done their obligations. It's not for courts to start intervening and go giving trophies to people who haven't earned them.
It would be "haven't earned them" though, it would be haven't be allowed to earn them.

They could finish this season and then Start a reduced season for the next one - have no internationals - no domestic cup games.

there are endless solutions, whenever there is clarity about if/when football will resume as we know it.

Given UEFA have already moved the Euros we know anything can change now

Crying with laughter at this, it is absolutely fantastic. Gets to speak to an all time great and the Everton boss, first thing he says "got the Netflix on and can give you some tips" lollollollollollollol

Well done that fan and top work Everton

3783DCBA-D018-4FC4-A4E6-AD0332D133B4.jpeg

It would be "haven't earned them" though, it would be haven't be allowed to earn them.

Well to an extent both are true. But there would be rules and expectations that would be set out what governs giving someone a fair amount of time to earn the title. If it overruns to such an extent that it eats into the following season, it would be wholly reasonable for the organisation to move forward. It's not reasonable to expect the whole of the football world goes on standby, at enormous cost to allow a single side indefinite opportunity to potentially win a trophy.

I agree for sure that ultimately, they will all fall into line on a new timetable for football, ultimately I think what will happen is a Euros will move again to winter 2021 & we will have two full seasons Jan - Oct with an August break for heat in each, then a two year adjustment after Qatar 2022.

This would give a window of the remainder of this year to complete the existing season

Ok a couple of questions on this. Firstly what if the clubs don't want a 2nd broken season? What is UEFA would rather keep a summer tournament going, where there is tradition for it to be and the potential of most crowds/money.

Even in a practical level season 2021 will have to start mid August, players will need to be back in pre-season for July and there needs to be at least 1 months break. That gives us until the end of May to finish the season. I am struggling to see how we fit an extra 6 weeks or so (plus the potential break between seasons) before the end of May 2021?

I am hearing a lot of "oh just move things" but moving things doesn't fundamentally alter the time they require to finish. In fact it may even work against football currently, where the major problem is time, which is partly solved by having a summer tournament that straddles both time off footballers have at the end of the season and pre-season into the next. A 4-6 week break for a tournament mid season is only going to exacerbate problems.

At present we have 1 messed up season. The approach outlined above throws out 3 seasons. I just can't sign up to that being a sensible way to handle this position.

They could finish this season and then Start a reduced season for the next one - have no internationals - no domestic cup games.

But why would the FA want it sacrifice the Fa Cup for consecutive seasons, just to allow the PL to finish a season that isn't able to finish within the allotted time period?

Like if I'm an FA head, I'm asking whats in it for us?

I can't see why this is even still up for discussion. There are lockdowns in most European countries and these will likely extend beyond their initial stated duration. It is quite possible they could extend into mid May if not later at this point. It is likely only a matter of days until the Olympics are postponed for a year. Thereafter, the pressure to cancel this seasons PL will become deafening. I do have a niggling suspicion were it City sitting top of the table, that might already have happened.

They should get ahead of this and make a proactive decision. Farting about with a pipe dream of finishing this season serves no-body. And could be counter productive if left unaddressed and the hospitals go south.

Status
Not open for further replies.