Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't register new players during the season, other than during the January transfer window. So Fraser couldn't sign for anyone until the season ended.

If the season continues into June, the transfer window will be pushed back too.

I can assure you that 18 players are not leaving one club mate lol

It is fair and equal for everyone, all clubs will be facing the same challenges.

The clubs could always bypass this challenge by agreeing new contract extensions with said players.

How so?

Their parent clubs have farmed them out on loan for playing time. They've managed the full season without them.

You think if the season was extended beyond the original loan agreement date, they'd be in a hurry to get them back?

No, they'd just extend it. Totally normal.
A free agent can be signed at any point in the season

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...nts-your-clubs-can-sign-transfer-deadline-day

Well if you do not remember the Mascherno and Tevez dual ownership scandal and Weds suing the FA because they got relegated I suggest you Google it

No mate don't remember that, will have to look it up.

Were Wednesday pretty bothered about all that, then mate?

Last edited by a moderator:
If football cannot return until September … which I think may be the likely date, will clubs and the footballing world in general want to play the tail end of the season which has been cut short by the virus or start season 20/21 fresh from the start ?

The Euros being switched to 2021 complicates the matter even further because it means that all domestic leagues must be finished by the end of May.
If the old league isn't finished until September/October then they cannot start European or domestic competitions 20/21 until probably October at best and maybe later.
It will then be impossible to finish season 20/21 on time... does that then get shoved onto the following season ?

All of this is a football argument only and does not at all take into account where the country will be socially and economically after the virus has swept through.

A lot of people in the world are not going to have money soon.

This is one area where the worlds highly paid footballers and club staff will not feel the pinch. I know they deserve a good wage for their skills, and the they bring a vast amount of satisfaction (tongue in cheek) and entertainment to the masses, but they'll be OK. The ordinary man and women in the street won't, or are unlikely to.

Almost make me wish I wasn't so sh1te at football when I was younger!

Status
Not open for further replies.