Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think I would even want to win the thing at this point - surely after 30 years winning it in this manner is the worst way possible?

Obviously the out of towners and foreign fans on twitter will be made up so they can bounce around online calling themselves champions but with whats going on for me it must be so underwhelming especially if they are either "awarded" it or win it in an empty stadium.

And the new window will open in alignment with the contractual clauses, ie July 1st.

If your suggestion is that you can tell a player who has a contract with say Arsenal that he has to stay at Chelsea, even though he has a contract that says otherwise you are very mistaken. If you opt to change the rules on windows, without first clearing those contracts you are also going to be in enormous hot water from a litigation standpoint.

This is just basic stuff mate. You are peddling things that cant happen, and essentially illustrate why a league finish post June is unfeasible.
In other words he is talking pure and utter horse manure just to be a contrarian tit who can’t possibly believe one qiartet of the muck he types
Either that or he’s a flute

3 months ago I was resigned contently on them winning the league after running away with it.
But let’s put things into perspective, at ‘worst’ for us, they get given the league. But with the caveat of no fans at full time running onto the pitch, no parade, no crowning moment. At best for us, they get nothing at all after the greatest season from any team in any sport ever.
Lads, let’s just see how it plays - it’s funny whatever happens (sporting wise, not health wise, stay safe everyone x)

Dont think I would even want to win the thing at this point - surely after 30 years winning it in this manner is the worst way possible?

Obviously the out of towners and foreign fans on twitter will be made up so they can bounce around online calling themselves champions but with whats going on for me it must be so underwhelming especially if they are either "awarded" it or win it in an empty stadium.
Their problem is they've caught lightning in a bottle this season, by all accounts. So it's not like they can say to themselves OK, take this on the chin and we'll win it next year because we're the best team.

The stat sites, expected goals based on shots, areas of the pitch etc all have them massively outperforming their expected points total. They have been exceptionally lucky and I don't think that is in question.

That's football, but it does mean they are very unlikely to repeat the performance. So this could be it for that collection of players. Maybe even Klopp as its a giant kick in the baws for him and no mistake.

You've not dodged any question? Well yes you have.You were asked if you were a Liverpool supporter, said you were, and then said you might not be, or words to that effect.

It isn't disrespectful to imply anything about your views on 'Footy'. What is disrespectful is you coming here and giving views which are anti- Everton FC.
And just to clarify, there's no implication. I'm sure you mean every word you say.

You told us you were a massive Liverpool supporter and later said you were unlikely to be honest about it. What we do know is that you don't support Everton, so, no one cares about your views.

What about my views are anti-Everton FC? Is suggesting the most likely outcome of this is the delay of the season an anti-EFC view?

2 seconds ago my posts were “entertaining”, now “no one cares”. Make up your mind Jeff.

I said anyone who was a Liverpool supporter on an Everton forum is unlikely to be forthcoming about it, that’s a fair argument isn’t it?

Their problem is they've caught lightning in a bottle this season, by all accounts. So it's not like they can say to themselves OK, take this on the chin and we'll win it next year because we're the best team.

The stat sites, expected goals based on shots, areas of the pitch etc all have them massively outperforming their expected points total. They have been exceptionally lucky and I don't think that is in question.

That's football, but it does mean they are very unlikely to repeat the performance. So this could be it for that collection of players. Maybe even Klopp as its a giant kick in the baws for him and no mistake.

VAR and dodgy goalkeepers allowed them an unassailable lead. If it had even remained within 10 points you’d have fancied City to do them in the second half of the season because they’re a miles better footballing team.

Too many interested parties lost money last season when Liverpool didn’t win it (remember the game against Fulham where the ref just suspended offside rules). They made absolutely sure this season beyond any reasonable doubt that Liverpool couldn’t be caught again. Will be interesting to see what happens next season I’ll argue that the supposed VAR improvements don’t happen and we get a complete re-run of the doped up match fixing VAR influenced league that we’ve had this season.
26 wins out of 28 games from a team playing Milner and Henderson. Absolutely unnatural and nearly every fan apart from that lot know it is as well. This season was a joke and if it is scrubbed from history will be a fitting end to an absolute sham of a ‘competition’ that was decided before a ball had even been kicked.

Come on guys, realistically never mind the mathematics our neighbours cannot be dislodged they are the champions. Having said that for me the best way out of this mess is for the football league to recognise that and award them the trophy but to declare the season over and leave all matters relating to promotion and relegation to next season with the clubs at all divisions carrying the points forward as a credit to be built on in the new season. For CL and EL take the current positions as those for qualifying.. If the FL carry on with postponements and try to restart in say 2 months time it will be with holidays and the new season start to take into account make a right bleeding mess.

The only other alternative is to declare for all levels the season null and void and starting afresh next August.

Come on guys, realistically never mind the mathematics our neighbours cannot be dislodged they are the champions. Having said that for me the best way out of this mess is for the football league to recognise that and award them the trophy but to declare the season over and leave all matters relating to promotion and relegation to next season with the clubs at all divisions carrying the points forward as a credit to be built on in the new season. For CL and EL take the current positions as those for qualifying.. If the FL carry on with postponements and try to restart in say 2 months time it will be with holidays and the new season start to take into account make a right bleeding mess.

The only other alternative is to declare for all levels the season null and void and starting afresh next August.
Lets go with the other alternative.
You cannot make different rules for different situations in the same competition

I chose the alternative. Hands in the bucket who chooses the alternative!

Status
Not open for further replies.