Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are any of those teams 25 points clear?

No. And they've been waiting 30 years, their current iteration is probably one of - if not the - best Premier League team ever, so it feels a bit weird and churlish to deny them the title.

Also let's be honest - they have a massive global fanbase. Think about how demoralising this would be - and would leave many feeling vulnerable at a bad time. Vulnerable = more susceptible to disease spread across many millions of people. It's an awkward phrase but giving Liverpool fans this "shot in the arm" could be a real positive at this time
Are you part of the massive global fanbase?

Ideally you finish it, but closed doors hasn’t worked, has it?
Gladbach fans showed up, PSG fans turned up, so it can’t logically work, unless they played it, neutrally, with only TV Companoes knowing, but no advantage there.
If the European leagues do decide to cancel, then the Premier League has its platform and reasoning. Personally, I’d like the season to end how it is, have the two up, and give them the title, it’s the fairest way, but I know it’s going to get complicated, and it’ll end up being a baffling way, where Sheffield Utd, Wolves and Leicester all get shafted.

Someone gets shafted in this situation mate. That has to be priced in. The question to me has to be how do you avoid this rumbling on and on. The best way to do this, is to void the season and repeat. Once you start messing about with all else you are going to really struggle.

I'd also add, I can't see PL wanting to dd 2 more teams into the mix.

Are any of those teams 25 points clear?

No. And they've been waiting 30 years, their current iteration is probably one of - if not the - best Premier League team ever, so it feels a bit weird and churlish to deny them the title.

Also let's be honest - they have a massive global fanbase. Think about how demoralising this would be - and would leave many feeling vulnerable at a bad time. Vulnerable = more susceptible to disease spread across many millions of people. It's an awkward phrase but giving Liverpool fans this "shot in the arm" could be a real positive at this time

What am I reading here? I assume it’s tongue in cheek?

Awarding Liverpool a title, means you have to decide what to do with Europe, Relegation, Promotion (from leagues). If you don’t act, but grant them a title, then you’re gonna get a huge lawsuit from everyone!
Its not feasible, they deserve the league, but they can’t grant them it, and not do relegation, promotion, Euro places.

That’s why they’ll wait until the action from
The other top European leagues before taking their own action.

A government ban would surely change things regarding legal action. This proposed ban relates to mass gathering rather than the playing of football matches. But I can't see them going down the 'behind closed doors route. Not at a time like this, and not when the players themselves have the virus.

Someone gets shafted in this situation mate. That has to be priced in. The question to me has to be how do you avoid this rumbling on and on. The best way to do this, is to void the season and repeat. Once you start messing about with all else you are going to really struggle.

I'd also add, I can't see PL wanting to dd 2 more teams into the mix.

Voiding makes perfect sense, but I’d let the teams in a European place have it, tbh.

i don’t see how it’s viable to have Spurs qualify for Europe considering they’re 9th... and clearly not in a position to go further. Even though it’s not fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.