Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Them 2 points contradict each other ?
If the bottom 3 go down WBA and Leeds will be happy as they go up?
Doh!!
Should write before I start drinking.

Think I meant if they relegate as is the bottom 3 will moan.
If they void it then WBA and Leeds will moan.

Either way there will be moaning.

There’s a current outbreak. So you stop and void this season so WE can hopefully be in a position at a point to do the new one.

I think we're all in agreement that we need to stop the season. Everyone is pretty unanimous on that, Matty.

But why the need to void this current one? If the current season was simply delayed, WE could still in a position to finish it when things return to normal.

If you're big concern is the scheduling of next season, don't worry, the Football calendar was already planning a huge shift to accomodate the 2022 World Cup in Qatar - even without Corona.

I think we're all in agreement that we need to stop the season. Everyone is pretty unanimous on that, Matty.

But why the need to void this current one? If the current season was simply delayed, WE could still in a position to finish it when things return to normal.

If you're big concern is the scheduling of next season, don't worry, the Football calendar was already planning a huge shift to accomodate the 2022 World Cup in Qatar - even without Corona.

But we can’t just stop it and then re continue it down the line, it’s easier and safer to bin it totally until it’s all ok for a new season

But we can’t just stop it and then re continue it down the line, it’s easier and safer to bin it totally until it’s all ok for a new season

Why? Why can't we stop it and continue it down the line? What about that process is difficult or unsafe?

When society is ready to safely return to normality and large-scale events like Football matches continue, why couldn't it simply continue then?

That may be weeks, with 1st week of April being put forth by the Prem and EFL, or it could be months.

If the authorities deemed it safe to do so, and the season continued in late May or June, why would that be problematic do you think?

OR

Is it simply just that you would prefer it to be voided?

They'll be champions, lets be real, they're 102 points clear

Thats the easiest hurdle for the league to jump in all this

Unfortunately for Liverpool you are wrong.

The Premier League handbook is very clear:

The League champions are the team at the top of the table at the end of the season.

In each season, every club must play each other club twice, home and away. (This is the first rule).

If that cannot be fulfilled then the season cannot end and there cannot be a League Champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.