Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst case scenario is the following:

Liverpool crowned champs
No relegations leaving WHU, Villa and Bournemouth safe

WBA & Leeds come up and 22 teams in the league next season

Leaving us with them as champs and horrible clubs like Newcastle, WHU, Villa, Bournemouth with an added dose of scummy Leeds.

You can’t give Liverpool the league and no relegations and then promote 3 teams lol nope

Liverpool crowned champs

Leaving us with them as champs and horrible clubs like Newcastle, WHU, Villa, Bournemouth with an added dose of scummy Leeds.
How can one team be awarded a title when their success isn't mathematically assured, whereas a team can be relegated when their departure was not certain?

It's either Liverpool receive the title and those teams in the bottom three are relegated or the league is void. Personally, I'm going for the latter.

Liverpool crowned champs

I'm shocked you are painting the worst case scenario.

Just totally out of character.

Isn't that what you and many others in here are doing?

It's just that your proposed solution (voiding, cancelling the season) is different to mine (delaying, postponing the season).
You appear incredibly confident that this will all blow over in a month or two, do you have inside info on the virus? You could be correct, but this season will surely be cancelled if the remaining games aren’t completed by end of June, as it’ll be too close to the start of next season.

Liverpool crowned champs

How can that happen .
You cannot count some results and ignore others.

Your are crazy if you think wham going down would override Liverpool not winning the league sheer sheer sheer lunacy
It would for me, I really don't give a hooters about the RS. Moyes taking West Ham down would be a piece of art.

How can one team be awarded a title when their success isn't mathematically assured, whereas a team can be relegated when their departure was not certain?

It's either Liverpool receive the title and those teams in the bottom three are relegated or the league is void. Personally, I'm going for the latter.

On SSN they said that is one of the rumoured proposals should the league be cancelled.

I think alot of us are looking at things from a "by the book" perspective however the authorities will simply put be looking for the easiest way to "solve the problems" that this thing causes.

Simply put they'll say "we put it to a vote and the majority of clubs said they felt Liverpool deserved to win the premier league this season, that it would be unfair to relegate teams based on current positions and to deny the 2 sides clearly ahead in the promotion to the premier league".

Simply put the premier league will be hoping that the rest of the season can be played and run its natural cause otherwise they have two alternatives:

1. By the book - void it then have Kopites whinging, uncertainty over the prize money, TV revenue & places in next seasons CL/EL alongside clubs in the automatic promotion spots in the Championship, Leagues 1 & 2.

2. Award LFC the title, stop anyone going down and bring teams up, tv money/finishing positions known for prize money and whos qualified for europe - little to no hassle for them.

I just cant see them voiding the thing maybe in 1915 not with the amount of money in the game now.

On SSN they said that is one of the rumoured proposals should the league be cancelled.

I think alot of us are looking at things from a "by the book" perspective however the authorities will simply put be looking for the easiest way to "solve the problems" that this thing causes.

Simply put they'll say "we put it to a vote and the majority of clubs said they felt Liverpool deserved to win the premier league this season, that it would be unfair to relegate teams based on current positions and to deny the 2 sides clearly ahead in the promotion to the premier league".

Simply put the premier league will be hoping that the rest of the season can be played and if meet its natural cause otherwise they have two alternates:

1. By the book - void it then have Kopites whinging, uncertainty over the prize money, TV revenue & places in next seasons CL/EL alongside clubs in the automatic promotion spots in the Championship, Leagues 1 & 2.

2. Award LFC the title, stop anyone going down and bring teams up, tv money/finishing positions known for prize money and whos qualified for europe.

I just cant see them voiding the thing maybe in 1915 not with the amount of money in the game now.
If Liverpool are provided the title and teams aren't relegated, you would suspect that there would be good cause for legal action from the teams who suffered.

Status
Not open for further replies.