Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won’t be a restart if we’re talking 3 months

Yeah, surely there's got to come a point where it's abandoned when it looks like it might start to affect the start of next season and the preparations that season will need

So basically playing this season out in June/July just wouldn't work

It’s great and funny and I’d love it to be cancelled.

But I just gotta be this guy for a moment and forgive me but even if the league wasn’t on the line I think we would be chuffed the game got cancelled anyway. I genuinely am delighted just not to be playing them Monday even putting aside the LOLs of thier title possible been snatched away.

But i’m just having a sober moment. Everton needs to take a long hard look at itself when Evertonians are delighted a derby is called off. They have a dodgey keeper just knocked out of the champions league, smashed by Watford we have Carlo. Great time to be playing them. Yet I’m delighted the derby is off. It’s a sorry state of affairs.

Another nightmare...according to their agreement with Sky the Premier League are obliged to finish the league season. THe same applies to the EFL. There is nothing in the contract which allows the EPL and the EFL to NOT finish the season. Sky would be quite within their rights to ask for all their money back. So...the Premier League have all this money, and many clubs will want financial help. Another thing...Graham Taylors Players Association have loads of money, and the longer this bites, the more likelihood that some clubs will not be able to pay players. What a mess !!
Will sky refund money to all who subscribe to their sports channels when there is nothing new on ?

But I just gotta be this guy for a moment and forgive me but even if the league wasn’t on the line I think we would be chuffed the game got cancelled anyway. I genuinely am delighted just not to be playing them Monday even putting aside the LOLs of thier title possible been snatched away.

But i’m just having a sober moment. Everton needs to take a long hard look at itself when Evertonians are delighted a derby is called off. They have a dodgey keeper just knocked out of the champions league, smashed by Watford we have Carlo. Great time to be playing them. Yet I’m delighted the derby is off. It’s a sorry state of affairs.
It's cos we are rubbish mate

But i’m just having a sober moment. Everton needs to take a long hard look at itself when Evertonians are delighted a derby is called off. They have a dodgey keeper just knocked out of the champions league, smashed by Watford we have Carlo. Great time to be playong Yet I’m delighted the derby is off. It’s a sorry state of affairs.
I’m the opposite mate, I’d play them every week if we could, if just to break our duck. We’ve got to win some time, and the getting beat by them doesn’t even arse me that much any more. But it will be euphoric when we finally beat them!

Won’t be a restart if we’re talking 3 months

9 league rounds. 3 cup rounds. 3 European rounds. Most clubs only involved in league fixtures.

7 or 8 weeks could be enough to finish the season if they play Saturday - Wednesday- Saturday.

They will start next season very late, rather than not finishing this season. But that's just my opinion and not based on anything other than my gut instinct.

Yeah, surely there's got to come a point where it's abandoned when it looks like it might start to affect the start of next season and the preparations that season will need

So basically playing this season out in June/July just wouldn't work
it can't as there will be players out of contract at the end of June which means anything after that teams/squads could be very different. How can you start the end of this season in August (for eg) when we some teams will have lost players and signed others yet it is still going to be classed as the same season even though some teams may be weaker, others stronger. Then there is whole transfer window thing and pre season madness. Also if next season (2020/21) is to start late then it just runs further close to next years Euro's, we would have to drop a cup competition in this country otherwise the players will suffer burnout, although i could see many EFL clubs being upset with this due to the money they make from cup games. Voiding is the only option for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.