Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because the summer in Australia is December. The theory is the summer will slow the infection
That old chestnut.
No, the maths says it...but only if your preventative measures work and you get the lower slower peak and thus a slower die down.
Its the difference between types of progression
Mathamatical...1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8
Geometric...1.2.4.8.16.32.
Diseases go expotentially - somewhere in the middle of mathematical and geometric - as one person catches it, its one less to catch it

Just spare a thought for the Sky Sports tean being laid off..........peace, quiet and truth wow

So why did you say 'Never going to happen' without qualifying what you said?

"Never going to happen, in my opinion"

Would that have sufficed?

You'd think those last 3 words weren't necessary on a forum. By virtue of me making the post, I'd say it's pretty safe for you to assume it's a view I hold.

Perhaps we should all consider applying similar caveats to our posts in future, wouldn't want to upset any sensitive souls.

I was actually looking forward to the rest of the CL without those bus smashing morons in it. City up against PSG, Barca, Bayern, Atletico with Leipzig and Atalanta thrown in would have been decent. Far better than watching Liverpool pump Porto 5-0 every single season.

That old chestnut.
No, the maths says it...but only if your preventative measures work and you get the lower slower peak and thus a slower die down.
Its the difference between types of progression
Mathamatical...1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8
Geometric...1.2.4.8.16.32.
Diseases go expotentially - somewhere in the middle of mathematical and geometric - as one person catches it, its one less to catch it
Exponential means that it can in fact spread at a far quicker rate than doubling as per your geometric example. But the take away really is that the spread can be very quick if allowed to run rampant. Hence the real need to slow it down so that the health system can cope with it and not be absolutely swamped. Come what may, trivial non life critical events like sports and music need to be put to the side for now.

What a classy response to the postponements! :) OI KLOPP!!!

casblsQ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.