Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WHO should shout out here. It's worrying no one seems to be taking the lead, least of all soft lad in No10.
I'm concerned for my parents who are old, live near Breck Road, and the mutants play a game with 3000 from Madrid, madness.

I hope all games are cancelled or at least played behind closed door
Many disaster films start with politicians not listening to scientists.

We will soon see what matters here whether it is money or common sense that runs football .We will see the real effect of where the power truly lays in the prem.
Yes there will be problems all down the line , every division but for each disappointed team there will be an overjoyed one and that is at least some kind of balance .
What is not balanced is for the situation carrying on ,we have to do something and then there is the European championship ,that must be gone or they definitely cannot simply postpone the league .
I vote for a null and void , sadly as said there will be a few upset but there will be many more alive to moan.

It’s ridiculous that if a player or a team tested positive the whole thing would probably be cancelled yet instead of preventing that from happening, the greed of the league and of the media entities all desperate to see Liverpool crowned champions means we will limp on, even if no one can watch it, with the risk of fans and players contracting the virus just for money.

If anyone but Liverpool or United were top of the league this would have already been cancelled.

What I will say is that I dont get the clamor to see footie shut off - best thing to do after a hard weeks graft is to watch the Blues.

I get the panic over the virus but when 80% of people only suffer mild symptons - meh think we as a free loving country will soon have to get used to a number of draconian measures.

Interesting to see how the middle classes with money on the hip cope with inevitable no travel, meals out or being able to go down the pub or sightseeing

Young lads and lasses not able to go clubbing or concerts/festivals/racing etc.

We will soon see what matters here whether it is money or common sense that runs football
Cancelling football games purely out of precaution is not common sense. There needs to be a very real threat to the health and safety of the people attending. Personally I don't see that threat so I'd keep as many games scheduled as possible and only cancel games on an adhoc basis where there is a specific threat.

NBA now suspended in the States, announced 46 minutes ago

NBA is a bit different though because of the frequency of games and travel.

If you had a positive test in the premier league, its feasible the affected person could be clear by the time of the next game in 7 days time... in the NBA you could have travelled to 3 different cities and played 5 games.

NBA is a bit different though because of the frequency of games and travel.

If you had a positive test in the premier league, its feasible the affected person could be clear by the time of the next game in 7 days time... in the NBA you could have travelled to 3 different cities and played 5 games.

But someone who has a positive test in the PL has already likely played at least one other team, shared a whole training facility with people, shook fans hands etc. so to me it’s just the same scenario as the NBA.

What I will say is that I dont get the clamor to see footie shut off - best thing to do after a hard weeks graft is to watch the Blues.

I get the panic over the virus but when 80% of people only suffer mild symptons - meh think we as a free loving country will soon have to get used to a number of draconian measures.

Interesting to see how the middle classes with money on the hip cope with inevitable no travel, meals out or being able to go down the pub or sightseeing

HEALTH mate, and if you get the corona virus you won’t be doings a week hard graft

And what about the other 20% that get major symptoms, or the 3% that die. Is going to a football game really more important than that?

It's this kind of selfish, short sighted attitude that is causing further problems.

Who cares if a few thousand old people die as long as you can still watch your footie though, right?

And what about the other 20% that get major symptoms, or the 3% that die. Is going to a football game really more important than that?

But realistically nothing you can do will stop it.

I literally had a week off from work last year and caught a cold despite literally barely leaving my front door - I honestly believe anything airborne can find its way to you.

They'll be thousands who will have this thing but will attribute it to a cold/flu.

I think their is alot of panic over something you cant control - im terrified of cancer but you cant live your life checking your body for lumps every second.

It's this kind of selfish, short sighted attitude that is causing further problems.

Who cares if a few thousand old people die as long as you can still watch your footie though, right?

Nothing selfish about this - what if this thing is here to stay? You happy to live your life on lockdown "incase" you catch it?

You could die tomorrow buddy.

I just think Government has to factor in with any decision that this thing might sadly be here to stay, no summer withering away nor any vaccine - you cant shutdown a country forever we'll collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.