Our midfield far too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

At the moment, Mo Besic should be playing as our defensive midfielder.

And we missed Schneiderlin yesterday.

I actually just wrote that.

Im thinking of self isolation.

Well he has got pace like and I have heard worse shouts. He can also tackle, it's a yes from me, especially after watching that crap yesterday.

We’ve always bought slow players. I don’t know why we do it but we continue to do it in every position. Even Gueye who was miles ahead of any midfielder we have now got waltzed around by Coutinho in an Anfield derby like he was running in treacle. Mind you that might have been the drugs.

At the moment, Mo Besic should be playing as our defensive midfielder.

And we missed Schneiderlin yesterday.

I actually just wrote that.

Im thinking of self isolation.
I would have him before Delph.
Thought Delph would be a decent player for the squad but he isnt offers nothing always injured, if we wanted someone like that we should have just kept the fee in are pockets and let Mcarthy fill the role , who has been decent the last two games for palace, which is about the same as Delph has had for us.

Apart from both full backs not performing it was obvious that our midfield was so much slower than Chelsea's - Sig is the slowest Gomes not match fit - Tom Davies on his own ran ragged, and we have not yet replaced Ross Barkley type midfielder or Gana the defensive midfielder in the one we sold last summer ......
We have spent millions without cover its been our main problem all season imo - the front two have done their job usually scoring -I cannot see it getting any better we have also players at the wrong age Walcott 31 Sig 29 - we ended up playing the Chelsea youth set up, and even with a bench that looked good - we cannot gel also why did Baines deserved to be dropped imo he is faster than most playing in midfield and has a good shot on him - v good teams we will not beat a top six side with this set up as it is so slow in the engine room - I know we have had bad injuries, but with the money spent the loaning out of youth players who are faster and particularly at RB is Sidibe really better than John Jo Kenny?
Using that logic this falls on Brands imo as the last Manager paid the price......
I feel we will struggle to hold onto mid table - Carlo needs to get a grip of the summer budget and needs a chainsaw to get rid of deadwood imo -Nothing but the best will do.....
Agreed. I think the manager got it wrong on the day.
I thought that Tom Davies was the best of the three midfielders and felt he was the wrong one to take off unless his energy levels had dropped.
It can be the GPS reading that determines a substitution as much as how a player is doing .
We completely lacked pace out wide and in central midfield and we got caught because of that.

mmmmm...

https://www.[Publication is blackli...-by-one-players-embarrassing-stats-v-chelsea/

While we have had a cobbled together midfield for the whole for the season. The difficulty yesterday was tactical in my opinion 3 central midfielders Vs two. They played with either two anchored or two advanced with one anchor, it gave our two the dilemma of sticking or twisting. Simply put Lampard out thought Carlo yesterday and sprung the 4-4-2 trap.

Lampard knows Carlo’s tactics inside out. Carlo does not know Lampard’s......

We need a solution to the midfield. Holgate could be a solution, however Mina and Keane have been awful together. Carlo wants a midfield 4, but the options available are awful, awful!

and nobody makes proper right or left midfielders now. Trevor Steven, Kanchelskis, Giggs, Lee Sharpe, all these types of players are from the past now> I think even Dowell could have seen an opportunity as a left sided attacker or midfielder and really worked on his strength and pace and changed a little. I know it's easier said than done, but players need to see the opportunity. Again with DCL, even though he still has limitations, yhou can't help but admire that summer where he bulked up and the last one where he was getting personal training. his mates should learn from that!

Status
Not open for further replies.