2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti must be given time, and it is far too early to conclude. So far, the results have been slightly above expectations. However, what worries me most about Ancelotti is his lack of a clear playing philosophy. Guerdiola, Klopp, Rodgers, Lampard, Wilder, Santo all have a clear philosophy, while Ancelotti has adapted his philosophy to the player material more or less throughout his career. It works fine in a big club with star players, but in a club where you have neither player material nor the resources to compete with the best, you have to think differently. That is why I am worried about future developments.

I think one has to look at by and large the poor material available to him. Following should not just be benched but left out, Siggy, Davies, Keane, forget them altogether.

He’s got nothing to work with. 5 years of terrible recruitment has left him with a useless squad with a terrible mentality.

We have one player who could potentially mix it with the top teams in Richarlison. Holgate might make the bench of a few. The rest none would touch with a barge pole. A bit different than when we had teams with the best full back pairing in the league, or Lukaku Stones Barkley in them and they were being linked with top clubs every window.

He’s starting from ground zero. It’s just a good job the new manager bounce has hopefully staved off relegation worries because this squad would not be up for the fight.

Major major work is needed and what’s worrying is that despite most of Brands signings being our best players they’re still not at the level required. Digne is too slow, Bernard is too slow, Iwobi provides nothing.

Looking at our 11 against a Chelsea B team yesterday was painful. We are so far behind a team that is fighting for fourth in the league. Barkley Mount and Gilmour aren’t even the very top calibre (thank god it wasn’t Kante Jorginho Kovacic) and yet we got absolutely dominated by them whilst old men Pedro and Willian could run any of our back 4 in a race with ease. Even Giroud was looking quicker than them!

Carlo is so good he’ll probably raise expectations more than they should be in the short term but the cupboard is absolutely bare. We’ve got a 5 year job ahead of us to repair the last 5 years.
I think we would have done better against Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic. The three midfield players for Chelsea were much more mobile and it's there where we lost the game. All three of them ran us ragged and that's a real problem, but those three would test any PL midfield.

Ok, so let’s say we signed 3 players at £35m each. What positions would they be in and what would be your minimum expectations for Carlo going into next season?

Midfield, Centre Half, Right Wing

Although I do also think we need a right back.

Minimum is top half. Ideally European football. If we arent in Europe by end of the following season I'd be disappointed.

What, with the bleedin obvious ancelotti has a tough job. Cheers Roy we hadnt guessed. Its more the fact the likes himself sit there and comment on football management when he's had a go and was awful and yet so many still take his views as important. Comment on players performances by all means. But if asked about managers just say move on to the next subject as i clearly couldnt do it.
I don’t know why you’re all raging about what he said though - he’s right. Doesn’t matter if he was a rubbish or a good manager, he’s right.

Too many of our fans think that Ancelotti will turn us into Man City. No one seems to have studied him as an actual manager and what he brings.

Firstly, Ancelotti is from the old school of pragmatic coach. He’s like the Mourinho’s and Benitez’s of this world. Nothing wrong with that - all of these coaches have won the big prizes. Just don’t ever expect Everton to play beautiful football under CA, won’t happen.

Secondly, CA has always worked with ready-made squads full of world class players with winning mentality. This is the first time I’ve known CA walk into a ‘project’. There’s absolutely no guarantee that he’s the right kind of manager to build a young, hungry squad. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see it happening.

Ancelotti is one of those “get the fans onside” appointments and you can’t blame Moshiri for going for him, it sent a statement of intent.

But unless we can get around FFP and bin off most the squad and bring in actual quality like Koulibaly, Jadon Sancho, Partey etc then we’re in for a rough ride.

Why would any of the above type of player want to come here for a start when we’re not even in the Europa League? Again, we’re competing with the likes of Wolves and even they look in better shape than we do right now. But you’ve got to start somewhere and we’ve appointed CA not David Moyes thank god so at least we’re learning on that front.

I just think the Ancelotti appointment was the wrong time and wrong place. We need a young manager with long term vision who the owners will stick behind whilst we lose and draw, like Chelsea and Man U are doing.

My prediction is that we’ll only be able to sign two or three players in the summer because of FFP, we will struggle again next season - CA will stick with 442 and our fans will get impatient, myself included. Rinse, repeat.

Last edited:

I don’t know why you’re all raging about what he said though - he’s right. Doesn’t matter if he was a rubbish or a good manager, he’s right.

Too many of our fans think that Ancelotti will turn us into Man City. No one seems to have studied him as an actual manager and what he brings.

Firstly, Ancelotti is from the old school of pragmatic coach. He’s like the Mourinho’s and Benitez’s of this world. Nothing wrong with that - all of these coaches have won the big prizes. Just don’t ever expect Everton to play beautiful football under CA, won’t happen.

Secondly, CA has always worked with ready-made squads full of world class players with winning mentality. This is the first time I’ve known CA walk into a ‘project’. There’s absolutely no guarantee that he’s the right kind of manager to build a young, hungry squad. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see it happening.

Ancelotti is one of those “get the fans onside” appointments and you can’t blame Moshiri for going for him, it sent a statement of intent.

But unless we can get around FFP and bin off most the squad and bring in actual quality like Koulibaly, Jadon Sancho, Partey etc then we’re in for a rough ride.

Why would any player want to come here for a start when we’re not even in the Europa League?

I just think the Ancelotti appointment was the wrong time and wrong place. We need a young manager with long term vision who the owners will stick behind whilst we lose and draw, like Chelsea and Man U are doing.
Carlo has said he wants a long-term project and wants to lead us into the new stadium, which implies he wants 3-4 years here. He's obviously been promised money to spend otherwise he wouldn't be here, and I expect a lot of current players will be off the wage bill come next season which will give us a lot more leeway in terms of spending.

Why would any of the above type of player want to come here for a start when we’re not even in the Europa League? Again, we’re competing with the likes of Wolves and even they look in better shape than we do right now. But you’ve got to start somewhere and we’ve appointed CA not David Moyes thank god so at least we’re learning on that front.

My prediction is that we’ll only be able to sign two or three players in the summer because of FFP, we will struggle again next season - CA will stick with 442 and our fans will get impatient, myself included. Rinse, repeat.

Only read first line about what he said regarding ancelotti. Nobody is raging here. The point was in general about Roy Keane as a pundit and his constant criticism towards managers who have been there and done it. Already stated when he talks about midfielders or even players i listen. He did it all. When he says managers should be doing this or that i dont. As his record doesnt hold any credibility in that role.
But thats pundits in general. It wasnt specific to roy keane.

Unfortunately I fear this too mate. It may be in his best interests to sign 3 young players and just continue to build the team. Davies, sigurdsson and keane in particular all need to go. I would have schneiderlin over the first two mentioned. Maybe Davies needs a loan to change his mentality somewhat.

I actually think not having gbamin available this season has turned out to be a massive blow for us in many ways. If he was as good as hoped he could have filled in for the cdm problem and cb problem that we have had all season

Just seen Carlo's post match interviews. He did not want to single out individuals for blame but preferred to blame the collective effort and performance as not good enough. He clearly knows he has a lot on his plate. His did mention Pickford as having had a good game.

Marco checked those boxes, mate

i want to remind guys that this is a tory cow toucher and should be treated as such. ancelotti is a world class manager the everton should be patient and not let the turds get him fired too.

Status
Not open for further replies.