Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard starts by saying it was our 'most complete' performance at home this season because of the goals and the clean sheet. He adds we have had other home games like that this season when we haven't found the finishing touch. Today was different in that respect.

I didnt see the game, and only heard snatches on the radio, but seasoned Chelsea watchers have been saying for weeks they could do this to a team.

26 years since we won there. Beside our x manager handing us a win at OT o long time ago now at this stage winning away to these teams is as elusive as winning a cup.

Keane and Holgate just dont work as a central defensive partnership together.....Sidibe lacks defensive awareness....Digne would be better in a more advanced role with Baines behind him....midfield is a joke, today we were played off the park by a teenager making his first Premier League start....if Bernard isto be involved surely it must be in a central position, maybe just behind a front two....next weeks game against Liverpool is crying out for DCL, Ricko and Moise to start and maybe even a consideration for Gordon to be involved out wide in place of Walcott

Said to my mate yesterday they have some decent players, they add a bit of quality to it next year they will push the top two.
What Lampard has got is RESPECT. Not one player at Chelsea can take away what he's done in the game. It shows and goes a long way.

Odd that Ancelotti didn't get Richarlison / DCL to mark Billy Boy in Chelsea's build up play. A perfectly standard adjustment when playing 4-4-2 and meeting Chelsea's formation. Instead, we ended up in numerical imbalance, and Billy Boy got to control the midfield. Ancelotti will of course be given time, but these are small things that will not diminish my skepticism about him. That said, the achievements of the players today were miserable, and a large proportion of them must be replaced.

Had it set to record as I was away playing a match myself, if it went as I hoped I was gonna enjoy it with a bottle of wine.

I'll just delete it now, and have two bottles of wine and half a bottle of bleach instead.

Koff Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.