Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was hard to imagine an Everton team without Baines. But Digne filled his place and until recently Baines hasn't had a look-in.

Digne has had a mixed season - like most of the team - but I still have faith in him.

That kid is fantastic.

Chelsea have been forced to play him and he looks like a seasoned pro. He will be a key figure for Chelsea as they look to challenge City and the RS next season.

Surely there has to be better in Everton's accademy than the likes of Sidibe and Sigurdsson, who week in, week out, are terrible.
Yeh! A 5ft, 9 stone wimp of a kid, dominates seasoned pro,s FFS!!!!!

So, devils advocate, unless he signs 8 or 9 in the summer and drastically overhauls the squad, what do you think can we honestly expect from Carlo next season?

There has to be a line in the sand drawn. We're better than this, we are. I don't care what anyone says. We should be 7th or 8th with this squad, with the manager we have and with the money that's gone in to it. These are not terrible players, by and large.

And even if people argue that they are inadequate, HOW am I seeing Wilder, Nuno, Dyche and Hodgson get their teams motivated and organised to work miracles almost week in week out with comparable or inferior squads.

Ours are players lacking confidence and possibly guidance / leadership, in a system that (still) does not suit them.

We sacked Silva, rightly, because the results being served up were not good enough. We wouldn't have gone down with him.

We wouldn't have troubled the European spots either, mind. But we would've been safe. Probably somewhere about where we are now.

I expected better from Carlo and i'll continue to do so. The squad is not THIS bad. He must do better and we must continue to demand more otherwise we'll continue to lower and adjust our standards.
You chat utter, utter wham lol

How conveniently you seem to forget how much better we've looked under Ancelotti since he came in, when we were hovering just above the bottom three and looking lost before.

We've hit a difficult run of fixtures and today was a bad day at the office. The fact that we're still vying with the likes of Burnley and Palace for places in the league table has little to do with Ancelotti considering he's only had about 10 league games with this squad either way.

Who are the 3 numptys who have voted for Siggurson.
Numpties is right, he wasn't even playing was he?

Status
Not open for further replies.