Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really - person who died was elderly and had underlying health conditions.

The majority of fatalities have been the elderly which is common with most illnesses. I haven't an issue with then shutting down events but meh too much scaremongering going on in the media for my liking.
The news had just broken when I posted. It was so noticeable that they almost immediately said there were underlying medical issues in an instant attempt to halt any hysterical knee jerk actions.
I'm sticking with my belief that whilst the situation is serious, it's not Doomsday just yet.

The integrity of the whole competition is gone if there's games without a crowd.

Take the derby, we'd lose home benefit.

If that happens, they should write the season off and start again...

That really doesnt help tho does it.

Imagine being Leicester and told that everything you have done was for nothing.

Who gets relegated? Who plays in europe?

And yes I do realise you might have been joking.

I’m on my way to @Joey66 bunker.

Apart from the danger of Joey himself it’ll be one of the safest places in the UK.

I’ll be taking my own food though, as I don’t fancy eating chickpeas, tinned tomatoes and curry powder.
Bet you can't get hold of Maykway sauce anywhere. All in the bunker as we speak.

Ive been in the middle of it in Milan for 2 weeks. No foreseeable work for at least 2 months. No school. I think it's very likely that, like here, stadium's will be shut in the UK for a large part of the season.

And thats exactly why they want to delay it spreading, cos they reckon the warmer weather will see it off. Its less about saving lives, more about the NHS grinding to a halt/impact on non virus patients.

Sorry mate but that is biased nonsense. How many folk go to football games and what is the potential number of the country's population that could be affected.
Any measures that protect the bulk of the population have to be taked. Just think if you wnet to the game the chap sitting near has it, infects you and you take it home to family and friends is that waht you prefer for the sake of watching a football game?

Government are now moving to the delay phase, which will see things like this come in within the next few weeks.

Yes just after it has already spread to every corner from attending large gatherings already...

Everyone deserves a chance to catch it after all. :Blink:

I’m on my way to @Joey66 bunker.

Apart from the danger of Joey himself it’ll be one of the safest places in the UK.

I’ll be taking my own food though, as I don’t fancy eating chickpeas, tinned tomatoes and curry powder.

Haha. Not wrong there, I see a large network of old Dysons sucking any virus out of the air.

Well that has to be the stupidest thing I have seen. I wonder how many in the committee were there to come up with that. Surely that is just to be role models for people regarding hygiene behaviour at the moment, else someone better tell them that the players are touch tight during certain part of the games with heavy breathing going on.

After the virus has gone, they shouldn't bring back this handshake. What a load of old rubbish that is, there's no sportsmanship in football anymore, what's the point in shaking hands and then cheating your opponents for the next 90 minutes?

The introduction of it just reminds me of managers implementing tiny changes which impact nothing, just so they can say "I achieved this".

Yes just after it has already spread to every corner from attending large gatherings already...

Everyone deserves a chance to catch it after all. :Blink:

Haha. Not wrong there, I see a large network of old Dysons sucking any virus out of the air.

Well that has to be the stupidest thing I have seen. I wonder how many in the committee were there to come up with that. Surely that is just to be role models for people regarding hygiene behaviour at the moment, else someone better tell them that the players are touch tight during certain part of the games with heavy breathing going on.

Not to mention them blowing their noses on the pitch every 2 minutes.

I am in my 60s, I live with diabetes and a lung condition, so I am more "vulnerable" to the virus....in fact, any virus. I can understand the arguments/debate regarding trying to delay the spread of it, but really, it is not going to make me afraid to go out and mix socially....not being able to do that would have more of a detrimental effect on my health as I see it. Everyone is right to be concerned, obviously because there is no vaccine available at the moment as an antidote, and no one knows how the disease starts. Hopefully, there will be loads of research going on to find a vaccine which will work...until then I will continue my own health regime to protect myself against not only this virus, but all the other infections which are already with us....

Obviously I would support this season ending now........
:cool: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.