2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never been this one for new faces to “get” Everton. I think what people take that to be is massively cringeworthy and slightly misplaced.

I do like however, how people like him,Gomes and Mina have been able to relate massively to the fans and local area really quite surprisingly. You see Gomes constantly posting himself in and around the city on social media, Mina getting involved with EitC seemingly of his own volition and Ancelotti already acting like your average fan sat in the lower Gwladys (he’s booked in for double sleeve tattoos next week).

This is a refreshing change from Martinez “getting” Everton by taking everything too far like putting pictures of ex players all over the shop, going overboard on average players and making pretty much every fan cringe after every press conference he did. Also way better than Koeman who went too far the other way.

Absolutely made up we have this guy, hope he can build some success. Genuine optimism for once; I love the fact he's simplified it and gone 442, I was totally fed up of seeing one up front,constantly isolated. Respect to Dunc for that change also. Actually looking forward to next season.

I'm probably not the best person to ask that really mate.

From my understanding we came very close to a 3 year limit last year (though we have increased sponsorship by £6m and had the £30m injection). However if we repeated the last years account this year, it's hard to see how we avoid going over the limits on losses. The elephant in the room is going to be new Shirt and sleeve sponsorship which could also bring more money in.

Reading between the lines it seems wages have stayed the same. Gana's sale would have brought in £25m profit, and bookman and Vlasic at around £30milion profit between them, maybe £40m profit with Onyekuru leaving.

So with those sales at potentially £65m profit showing and maybe sponsorship up perhaps £25million we might be ok. However we did pay out for a fair few players again, which will weigh us down.

It seems the club are being quite open and working with UEFA quite openly. I suspect they will point out they are trying to comply, a lot of the losses are down to having to continually rotate managers and factors out of our control. In the first instance I could imagine a warning would be given with assurances we would be looking to rectify the situation.

In the broader picture most of the problems are limited with a big sale every year or 2. I do wonder if one of Holgate, Calvert Lewin or Richarlinson goes. I think it just gives us a lot of flexibility. It also probably allows us to show UEFA we are going into profit for this season so we have learnt our lesson. All of these things do also get impacted upon by whether we qualify for Europe too. If we don't then the urgency to comply is probably a bit less as UEFA won't ask as many questions. If we do it's a concern, but potentially £20m + from EL or up to £100m from CL makes a massive difference.

FFP are a set of quite flawed rules which there are ways of maximising. One of them is to sell big players quite regularly. I don't think we will do this, but if we sold Richarlinson for say £110m and Calvert Lewin for £90m. That would probably allow us to spend around £600m in fees that same year. Or consecutive years of £300m and we would be fine for FFP. We would be fine for probably 5 years (as 2 years would be profitable still, and it would take a further 3 years after to show the loss). I do wonder if such sacrifices, as a smaller level will be considered.

How will those players out of contract in the summer affect your workings?

Will that improve the FFp situ?

It will help. It won't completely solve it though.

My understanding is it's done in a 3 year cycle, and generally we are always a year behind (so the next year to be counted will be of last summers business).

The latest results were showing Brands first summer.the last 3 years we look at were Brands first summer and the 2 before that. Crudely speaking the first 2 summers Moshiri was here we were slightly profitably (mainly due to sales of Lukaku, Stones & Barkley). The issue is that one of those years gets moved off next time and replaced with last summer.

I don't think last year will be a profitable year either, and will potentially be another 100 million loss (though slightly lessened due to sales of Lookman, Onyekuru, Vlasic and Gana). However whether it's enough to make us profitable, or not lose more than say 20 million (which is around the level we would need to be) is open to question.

I'm probably not the best person to ask that really mate.

From my understanding we came very close to a 3 year limit last year (though we have increased sponsorship by £6m and had the £30m injection). However if we repeated the last years account this year, it's hard to see how we avoid going over the limits on losses. The elephant in the room is going to be new Shirt and sleeve sponsorship which could also bring more money in.

Reading between the lines it seems wages have stayed the same. Gana's sale would have brought in £25m profit, and bookman and Vlasic at around £30milion profit between them, maybe £40m profit with Onyekuru leaving.

So with those sales at potentially £65m profit showing and maybe sponsorship up perhaps £25million we might be ok. However we did pay out for a fair few players again, which will weigh us down.

It seems the club are being quite open and working with UEFA quite openly. I suspect they will point out they are trying to comply, a lot of the losses are down to having to continually rotate managers and factors out of our control. In the first instance I could imagine a warning would be given with assurances we would be looking to rectify the situation.

In the broader picture most of the problems are limited with a big sale every year or 2. I do wonder if one of Holgate, Calvert Lewin or Richarlinson goes. I think it just gives us a lot of flexibility. It also probably allows us to show UEFA we are going into profit for this season so we have learnt our lesson. All of these things do also get impacted upon by whether we qualify for Europe too. If we don't then the urgency to comply is probably a bit less as UEFA won't ask as many questions. If we do it's a concern, but potentially £20m + from EL or up to £100m from CL makes a massive difference.

FFP are a set of quite flawed rules which there are ways of maximising. One of them is to sell big players quite regularly. I don't think we will do this, but if we sold Richarlinson for say £110m and Calvert Lewin for £90m. That would probably allow us to spend around £600m in fees that same year. Or consecutive years of £300m and we would be fine for FFP. We would be fine for probably 5 years (as 2 years would be profitable still, and it would take a further 3 years after to show the loss). I do wonder if such sacrifices, as a smaller level will be considered.

With your reply mate I wouldn't have said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.